Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Sheraton Tribeca

belindai
By belindai,
in

Hi

I am trying for the Sheraton Tribeca (3.5* Downtown-Soho) for 6 nights from 23 June. I have staying in Mid Town West and Chelsea Fashion District, so would like to try another area but don't want to go as far down as Wall St, prefer the Soho area. From recent bids it seems Sheraton Tribeca is a possibility but I have also noticed Club Quarters Wall St for a lower price which I want to avoid. Can you suggest any bidding strategies to help my chance with Sheraton Tribeca 6/23/11-6/29/11? and to avoid Wall St? Or would it be safer to try 4*? Are there are recommended hotels in that area? Thanks!

priceline.com

Sheraton Tribeca $243/night 3.5*

Club Quarters Wall St $205/night 3/5*

Hi.

I replied to my previous Chelsea thread. I didn't end up going with Priceline or Hotwire as didn't get the price or hotel I was looking for and ran out of time. I ended up staying at the newly opened Fashion 26 Wyndham hotel, now Hilton Fashion District, through octopustravel.com, a great choice.

If you could help with this NY stay that would be great.

Can you suggest any bidding strategies to help my chance with Sheraton Tribeca 6/23/11-6/29/11? and to avoid Wall St? Or would it be safer to try 4*? Are there are recommended hotels in that area?

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. Similarly there is no way to bid for a specific part of the zone... the hotel you receive can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone you select.

If you're trying to avoid a specific 3.5* property you should set your minimum threshold at 4* OR consider using HOTWIRE where you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems like most people are getting hotels in the financial district and on hotwire for these dates it seems like World Centre Hotle. If I want to avoid getting a hotel in the Financial district, do you suggest I bid in another area? I was aiming to stay in the downtown soho area, wanting to be close to walk to lots of restaurants, bars and shopping. Where would you suggesting bidding?

Most users tend to find the midtown zones more centrally located than Downtown... especially for a somewhat extended stay such as this one. Do you want to look towards this part of the city or do you have need/reason to want to stay in the Downtown area?

What is your expected budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed midtown a couple of times so wanted to stay in a different area.

So probably rather bid in Soho Downtown Financial area, is there a history of winning bids in any other hotels other than financial district?

Thinking budget of $150+tax, is that reasonable?

Maybe I might wait to see if any more inventory comes up? hotwire seems to have the world center hotel, and I don't want to get that.

...is there a history of winning bids in any other hotels other than financial district?

More hotel are typically won in the Financial District then Soho or elsewhere in the zone, but we've seen wins all over the region. You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I didn't end up bidding on Priceline, as I didn't want to risk ending up with a hotel in the Financial district. Most of the hotels I saw come up were in the wall st area. If only priceline split downtown soho and financial district I think a lot of people would be happier :) Thanks for all your advice throughout.

I booked directly with the Sheraton Tribeca hotel. Can you please close this thread. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]