Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Venetian

bond316
By bond316,
in

Hi I'm looking for 2 rooms at a 5* hotel in the Las Vegas (Strip North) area during 6/10 - 6/12. I was hoping to get two connected rooms, is this possible via PRICELINE? My budget is $900 max after taxes and fees. I'm thinking I can get this for much cheaper like $150 - 200 per night per room....but not sure.

If the rooms are not connected, does anyone know of a good site to look for a suite or two suites?

Thanks for all the help!

I was hoping to get two connected rooms, is this possible via PRICELINE?

There's no way to guarantee this in advance. You need to call the hotel and ask after you hit something on PRICELINE. But the hotel could be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request.

If the rooms are not connected, does anyone know of a good site to look for a suite or two suites?

How big is your party?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

There's no way to guarantee this in advance. You need to call the hotel and ask after you hit something on PRICELINE. But the hotel could be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request.

How big is your party?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for that info. It will be between 4 and 6 ppl, but I rather be safe and comfortable and prepare for 6.

Also I think I would be willing to do 5* in Strip South but still seems like Strip North has the better 5* hotels.

There have been a number of instances where users on PRICELINE were required to pay for an upgrade to 2 beds at Vegas properties. That may not always be the case (the hotel may be willing to work with you or may not, but I will note that some users have reported being required to pay for 2 beds in Vegas.) HOTWIRE would be a better choice if you are looking for 6 and need some sort of bedding (may be 2 or 1+sofabed) for the entire party, as you can indicate 6 when searching. If you are searching for 4, I think you could definitely get something in your desired budget range ($150-200) and possibly a bit less than that if you don't need more than 1 bed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There have been a number of instances where users on PRICELINE were required to pay for an upgrade to 2 beds at Vegas properties. That may not always be the case (the hotel may be willing to work with you or may not, but I will note that some users have reported being required to pay for 2 beds in Vegas.) HOTWIRE would be a better choice if you are looking for 6 and need some sort of bedding (may be 2 or 1+sofabed) for the entire party, as you can indicate 6 when searching. If you are searching for 4, I think you could definitely get something in your desired budget range ($150-200) and possibly a bit less than that if you don't need more than 1 bed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I was hoping to get two rooms (connected) with 2 beds. I understand both of these criteria would have to be requested and not guaranteed and could cost extra. Do you know a range of how much others have been charged for 2 beds? Also through HOTWIRE do you think it would be easier to get 2 connecting rooms?

After I enter 2 rooms and 6 adults the 5* result I believe is Trump Tower International. The cost per room per night is $192 ($218.28 after taxes and fees)...

I was hoping to get two rooms (connected) with 2 beds. I understand both of these criteria would have to be requested and not guaranteed and could cost extra. Do you know a range of how much others have been charged for 2 beds? Also through HOTWIRE do you think it would be easier to get 2 connecting rooms?

After I enter 2 rooms and 6 adults the 5* result I believe is Trump Tower International. The cost per room per night is $192 ($218.28 after taxes and fees)...

I've seen a couple of $50 reports, but I'd think it would be somewhere in the $30 neighborhood on average, as that would appear to be the difference in cost between rooms w/1 and 2 beds at the 5* properties that I'm seeing. It may be more (doubtful more than $50), or the hotel may not upcharge, but given that a number of properties at the 5* level do appear to charge a premium, it may be an issue when using PRICELINE. It's a risk; if you absolutely have to have two beds, then it's best to try and lessen the risk.

If you can risk not getting two beds, then you can use PRICELINE, get a cheaper rate and hope that the hotel will be willing to work with you (which it may or may not and may or may not charge, but hopefully you can get a low PRICELINE rate to start from if they do charge more for a room w/2 beds.)

Two rooms that connect to each other is definitely not guaranteed, but I don't think that two rooms next to each other or at least close should not likely be an issue.

I've seen a couple of $50 reports, but I'd think it would be somewhere in the $30 neighborhood on average, as that would appear to be the difference in cost between rooms w/1 and 2 beds at the 5* properties that I'm seeing. It may be more (doubtful more than $50), or the hotel may not upcharge, but given that a number of properties at the 5* level do appear to charge a premium, it may be an issue when using PRICELINE. It's a risk; if you absolutely have to have two beds, then it's best to try and lessen the risk.

If you can risk not getting two beds, then you can use PRICELINE, get a cheaper rate and hope that the hotel will be willing to work with you (which it may or may not and may or may not charge, but hopefully you can get a low PRICELINE rate to start from if they do charge more for a room w/2 beds.)

Two rooms that connect to each other is definitely not guaranteed, but I don't think that two rooms next to each other or at least close should not likely be an issue.

Okay I think I will go ahead and take the risk of paying extra for 2 beds and not having the rooms connected. But the rooms will be in the same hotel right? And then when I get there I can request 2 beds and rooms next to each other?

If so, what would be the strategy to bid? 5* in Strip North (Palazzo, Venetian, Wynn) and if that doesnt work then I guess Strip South (Aria, Vdara, Cosmopolitan). Budget is $600 after taxes and fees so the bid should go to $520 I'm guessing?

Just used PRICELINE to bid on 2 rooms and my bid of $110 ($508.40 total after taxes and fees) was accepted by The Venetian.

There is a $10/day/room charge for connecting rooms. And I believe a $17/day/room Resort Fee.

One more question: If I try the "$20 trick" should I do it with $20 or $40 since it is 2 rooms?

What are your thoughts?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a very nice deal at this property and hopefully are looking forward to your stay... the charge for connecting rooms is a new one for me!

I have yet to be successful with the $20 trick, but i would think that $20 would be sufficient, although keep in mind that it may be more difficult since you're also looking for connecting rooms.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and good luck in Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Just out of curiosity did the Venetian charge you for two beds... I am looking to go next month and was just trying to get a feel.

champfrancisco,

Did you win a hotel yet for your trip in this Las Vegas Hotwire Hotel thread? Please post a follow-up there with any decision you have made or your current thoughts for that trip.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]