Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hard Rock

Shakerbird
By Shakerbird,
in

Dates: July 23-25, 2 adults + 2 kids (party is actually 3 but we want 2 beds) Choices are:

4 star Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park area Hotel - amenities: Boutique, Fitness, restaurant, Business, Internet, 85% recommended @$109 or

3 StarChicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park area Hotel - amenities: Fitness, Pool, restaurant, business, laundry, Internet 90% recommended @$119

I'm thinking the first one is the Burnham? and the second one the Wyndham, Hyatt or Swissotel?

With 2 adults + 2 kids will we be guaranteed 2 beds? Thanks.

Are you seeing the 3* in the Mag Mile area for $119? I'm seeing a 3* in that zone w/Fitness, Pool, restaurant, business, laundry, Internet for $119. I'm not seeing a 3* w/those amenities and price in the Loop zone, though. The 3* I'm seeing in the Mag Mile area is a possible match for the Four Points or Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 months later...

OK, I messed up. I waited too long and now prices have really gone up. The properties I looked at previously are no longer being offered. Here are my new choices: 2 adults/1 child July 23-25: 4* Mag/Streeterville $137 super savings w/fitness/pool/restaurant/business/internet 85% recommended or 3 star Mag/Streeterville $117 super savings w/fitness/pool/restaurant/business/laundry/internet 95% recommended. This is also a 3star in the Loop with breakfast @ $134 which I believe is La Quinta, which might also be a good choice. Any other suggestions welcomed.

The 4* matches previous reports for the Wyndham, although i wouldn't count out a new amenity combination for the Sheraton either.

I'm not currently seeing the 3* offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK I booked what I thought was the Sheraton, 4 star, Mag Mile, No-smoking, fitness, restaurant, internet business center, 90% recommended Plus Super Saver and ..... It turned out to be the Hard Rock Hotel. I guess this is alright. Price $137 per night. I hope it works out with the beds - I listed 2 adults, since it came up with a lower price then when I entered 2 adults + 1 child. I am going to give them a call in a few hours - hopefully it will be in their system, so I can make a bed request. Keeping my fingers crossed. I had confidence we wouldn't have a problem at the Sheraton, but we might only be able to get a king room at the Hard Rock - oh no!

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped for.

The listing with the pool that was mentioned above was a match for the Sheraton. However, when one searches for more than 2 people, bedding for more than 2 is guaranteed, plus other options often show vs. when one searches for 2. When one searches for 2 it's cheaper, but also doesn't guarantee bedding.

When one searches for two, different options often show - in this case, the Hard Rock, which is in a classic building on Michigan Ave a block or so South of the river. Hopefully the bedding situation will work out okay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Yeah, I should have known better to book with 2 people, when I actually had 3 - but the same property showed up in each search and it was less $ to book 2. I also assumed it was the Sheraton, and figured it wouldn't matter since they have many rooms with a 2 bed configuration. I did call the Hard Rock directly and was told we are currently booked in a room with a King Bed. It will be a $40 per night charge to get a room with two beds - ouch or, a roll-away is $25 per night but can't be guaranteed. I was told that when we check in, if a room with 2 beds is available, we may be able to get the room at no additional cost. I'm hoping it all works out. Again, I should have known better. ;(

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]