Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Del Mar-Rancho Santa Fe) Marriott Del Mar

rmunson1
By rmunson1,
in

Not a great price, but at least it is done. HOTWIRE offered one that looked like the Doubletree for $126. Others were getting much lower prices on PRICELINE, but they were not August dates. My dates were not flexible, so...

With 9 free rebids, I started at $80 and worked my way up to $115 no success (4/22)

Today (4/26) I made my second try, starting at $90 and working my way up to $125. I 'won' on my last bid. I wonder if there is any chance that PRICELINE has figured out that the customer will keep on bidding until they have run out of free rebids? Anyway, I have my room.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

I wonder if there is any chance that Priceline has figured out that the customer will keep on bidding until they have run out of free rebids?
No, the system don't know in advance how many bids you're going to do.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

True, they have no way of knowing how many bids I will be making. But, it seems within the realm of computer programming possibilities that they take note that, every time I add another zone, that zone actually contains zero of the star level options for which I are searching. If they could do that, then they would know when I am at my last bid (no more zones left containing zero hotels at that star level). It is just that my last 4 'wins' (2 NY, 2 San Diego) over the past 4 months have been on my 'last' bid. Coincidence? Perhaps. If that happens the next 10 times (I actually use PRICELINE a lot), I will have detected a pattern!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]