Priceline Hotel: 3* Burlington-Stowe (Williston) Courtyard Taft Corners

MarcSt
By MarcSt,
in

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and Priceline. I was looking to take a trip to Burlington, Vermont and was looking for hotels in the area.

What we want: 2-star hotel or more in the Burlington/Colchester or Williston area

What we DON'T want: La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington (there seem to be cleanliness issues).

Question: Are there any tricks that could help me bid cheap and NOT get caught with that specific hotel? Since that is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, bidding cheap will most likely increase the chances of getting this hotel.

What do you guys recommend?

Let me know. Thanks!

Marc

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this HOTWIRE link... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- after your next reply we will move this thread to the Vermont section of the board and we can continue the discussion there

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Why don't you go for the 3* upscale and maybe get Sheraton og Courtyard? We "won" the Sheraton 2 years ago ago - and that was a very nice and Clean hotel.

La Quinta and The Suites are both 2,5* star hotels and should not be in the 3* upscale category.

Is the La Quinta you're hoping to avoid the one at 1285 Williston Rd South? If so that property is current rated 2.5* so if you're willing to accept any other hotel in the zone i would suggest first trying for a 3* property... then if you're unsuccessful up to your limit then consider HOTWIRE.

Is $80 your maximum bid price (vs. all-in including taxes and fees)?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow if that is the route you'd like to take.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, that is the hotel we are trying to avoid (because of multiple reviews).

I wouldn't want to bid much higher than 80$ without counting the fees and taxes. I checked some of the accepted bids and that shouldn't be a problem although I would appreciate some bidding help/strategy in order to get a good deal on a hotel in the Burlington/Colchester/Willingston area. As previously mentioned, I would love to avoid the LQ hotel.

The prices on HOTWIRE seem higher than PRICELINE so I would prefer sticking to bidding with PRICELINE.

Thanks again for your responses!

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Burlington...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and increase each bid by $5 (making it $65/$70)... if that is rejected wait 24 hours and bid $75/$80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck! Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

I thought of that. I just don't want to be paying too much (80 or less). Would that be possible on a 3 star hotel? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to achieve this? I'm looking for a 5 night stay starting May 2nd.

Hi MarcSt,

As thereuare says - give it a try - start low as maybe 55$ and raise and rebid with 5, when you reach your max of 80 - go for HOTWIRE and - and take 3,5* for 81$ - that is a fair prize.

And remember - when using PRICELINE and HOTWIRE - its a part of a game - some win and some loose, but most are satisfied with the hotels they get. Otherwise you have to go with the regular hotelchioces Hotels.com etc.etc.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board, hope you're pleased with the results and this works well for your needs.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]