Priceline Hotel: 4* Dubai (Bur Dubai-World Trade Centre) Four Points

fvandewouwer
By fvandewouwer,
in

Hi,

I have got a big problem, because I can not decide I always use Priceline/Hotwire through betterbidding

and it worked always fine ( thank you all for your help )

this time I need a hotel in Dubai and checked Priceline and I do find " Name your own price " but I can not

find anymore information on this forum

has anyone used it ? what should I expect ?

if not all your tips all welcome where to search for booking a hotel in Dubai for December

Thanks again for your time

have a great day

Frieda

I AM SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH MISTAKES BUT IT IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE

Thank you for your answer

it iseems like I can make a bid because I tried today, totally different from what I am used to do because there are simply no areas that can be eliminated

will see what it gets me and will report it on this board

have a great day

Frieda

it iseems like I can make a bid because I tried today, totally different from what I am used to do because there are simply no areas that can be eliminated

It's not really different... it's just that this is currently only one zone in this region.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how your bidding goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Yes I saw there was only one zone, but it is a kind a big zone, such a pitty nobody used betterbidding - priceline for Dubai

just am not sure how to start and what to expect that makes it really not easy

am checking priceline which hotels they offer but I know from the past they also gives sometimes a hotel not on there website and because we have some preferences ( quiet but not far from all tourist stuff ) I am a bit affraid where we would be located

I will def. keep u posted need to check some other TA and compare some prices

thanks for your reply

have a great day

Frieda

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Some time ago a posted a question regarding bidding on hotels for Dubai, there was only one zone so not much to choose from.

Because I was very early preparing our trip for upcoming December I checked again yesterday ( Priceline ) and I saw there were 3 more zones added, ok I was willing to give it a try but did not expect that it worked.

We wanted a 5* hotel so I tried Deira at 70 usd no luck added Bur Dubai 75 usd no luck

now because I thought it would not be working as cheap as I named my price I added 4* and added 3 usd and you know what

bid was accepted We have now the hotel Four Points By Sheraton Downtown Dubai for 78 usd

makes a total for 3 nights ( 9th December 2011 ) tax included 290.22 usd

Am not sure if we need to feel happy because we really wanted a 5* hotel for our first visit ( pre cruise ) to Dubai

but the reviews on TA are not that bad and I hate to choose from so many hotels that after months now finally I know where we are staying and can start planning our trip.

So am I the first one that won a hotel in Dubai ???

best regards

Frieda

I used the PRICELINE link from betterbidding

Congratulations on your success!

Indeed, you are the first to report a win to the board in this region. Glad to see your 'lowball' bid was accepted and hopefully this will be convenient for your pre-cruise plans in the area.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay (and cruise!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you, we will make the best of it .........as always

dates are from december 9th till december 12th for 3 nights

hotel Four Points By Sheraton Downtown Dubai

price 78 usd/night ( without taxes )

( next time will ask for advise as I did for our New York bidding that worked out so well would love to thank you all again for your help on our Kitano Hotel that was a pleasant stay and at a good price )

good evening from Belgium

Frieda

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]