Priceline Hotel: 3* Atlanta (Druid Hills-Emory-Decatur) Holiday Inn Decatur

grunlowen
By grunlowen,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding :)

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Holiday Inn.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Thought I had put the dates, but guess not. Checking in on the 4-18-11 for one night.

Total with tax was $62. I also found out that they charge 8 bucks to park, so that's a bummer. On the plus side it is in the middle of Decatur and near a bunch of restaurants and bars. I'll be in the area for several days, so I will either extend my stay or try my luck with Priceline again.

By the way, you can win Marriott Century center (4*) for $60 during these dates. It has free parking.

While your priceline win received the Marriott, your dates are longer then this stay, so not conclusive that $60 would win the Marriott as well.

Assuming the 'correct' bid for your 4 nites breaks down as follows:

$40, $80, $80, $40 --> average bid needed to win: $60

The solo nite in this thread is just for the second nite of your stay so using same numbers as above the 'correct' bid amount:

$80 --> bid needed to win: $80

Just won't want anyone bidding for this nite thinking that it's a "sure thing" and then being disappointed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotel was alright, but not great. Thin walls, so-so beds, etc. I saw a flat screen in one of the rooms (mine had a tube) and was told that the hotel was being updated (and might change to a Marriott if the guy working on the room was correct.)

I only stayed one night, and now I am at the Courtyard in Northlake. 10 minutes out, but I prefer it.

If you stay at this Holiday Inn, the Brick Store pub is only a few feet away. Worth getting a beer there, as they have hundreds from all over. And they serve food till 11 during the week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]