Priceline Hotel: Venice 4* & 5* bid failures

iginlafire
By iginlafire,
in

Been working at this for a while, hoping for either the Molino Stucky at 5* or the Boscolo at 4*, as per recent winning bids.

The Stucky, however, seems to be full during these dates. Not sure if that means they still have PL rooms put aside or not, but I have gone all the way up to $185 with no win at the 5* level.

For the 4* category, I just bid up to $160 this morning, and was given the one-time counter offer of increasing my bid by $40 without having to wait 24h. Instead I added the Mestre free re-bid zone, and tried $170, which to be honest is more than I really want to pay for what is likely to be the Boscolo, but it was rejected anyways.

I'm pretty sure the Boscolo is just north of $200 on standard booking sites, so I'm not sure why the rates seem to be a little inflated. Must be the dates I guess. Hope this info is useful to a couple people!

Thanks for the bid history.

It appears that these are somewhat busy dates, and when hotels get busy they're less likely to give deeply discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers, and what they do give, may not be discounted as much as usual (as the hotel thinks it may be able to sell the room themselves at full price)

What is your game plan at the moment... to wait and hope for lower prices?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Probably going to look for a bed & breakfast. Save some money on the room and maybe splurge a little more on a few meals or something. Also, this frees up a bit more money for hotel rooms in Reykjavik and Zurich where we could upgrade a little with the money saved. Probably should have started trying earlier, in Feb. or Mar., but live and learn!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]