Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown North) InterContinental Yorkville (on Bloor)

foxo
By foxo,
in

The price at HOTWIRE for downtown was even cheaper than that!

Both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE may not assign the same star rating to the same hotel... did you try to identify the HOTWIRE hotel to confirm that it 1) is a participating PRICELINE hotel and 2) that it is also 4* rated thru PRICELINE?

If so, then why even bid as high as you did if you could get an equivalent hotel thru HOTWIRE for less?

Given your rejections above, what is your current game plan for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4* hotel in Downtown West on Hotwire has the following:

smoke free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, hi-speed internet

90% customer reviews.

That could either be Inter-Continental Toronto Yorkville or Sheraton Centre Toronto.

But I am guessing it's Sheraton.

I really want to get one of the Downtown North hotels from PL, that's why I didn't want to purchase through hotwire.

Do you think I should keep trying for a few days and not exceed $110 as suggested on hotwire?

I understand getting two rooms at the same hotel might be more difficult at a low rate that's why I tried up to $155.

But I got 2 rooms at the Intercontinental in NYC MTE from 7/29-7/31 for only $145, could Toronto be more popular than NYC?

But I am guessing it's Sheraton.

If this is the Sheraton, it is located in PRICELINE's Downtown South zone whereas you're only bidding the Downtown North zone.

If you're willing to take this property based upon the price, then it's ok to use this as your upper bidding limit... but if you're not willing to stay in the Downtown South zone, then the price of this HOTWIRE property shouldn't be a factor in your bidding since you're not willing to stay there.

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels at a 4* hotel in the zone that you're bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

EDIT TO ADD: how about the Sutton Place for $140/nite thru HERE... in the North zone and less then you have already bid??

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline

Intercontinental 234

Marriott Yorkville 258

Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre 206

Pantages 186

Sutton Place Hotel 149

Expedia

Intercontinental 234

Marriott Bloor Yorkville 259

Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre 228

Pantages 186

Sutton Place 140

It seems like I have already exceeded the lowest possible, why am I still not getting any result?

I understand bidding higher does not mean getting the ones that are more expensive, so where should I set my cap?

It seems like I have already exceeded the lowest possible, why am I still not getting any result?

The $140 rate at the Sutton is a sale that is currently going on at this property and any discounted inventory they give to PRICELINE may be based off of the 'regular' rate and not this discounted rate.

It's also possible that they have only given PRICELINE inventory for one room (they may add more inventory each time a room is sold), and since you're bidding for two rooms, this property is not an option since PRICELINE doesn't have enough inventory to meet your search criteria (ie- 2 rooms).

However, a better question is why not buy the Sutton Place thru Expedia (please use this link) at $140? If you have already bid higher, and this hotel meets the zone and star rating criteria you have set, why not purchase this 'known' property at the sale price?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link if you go that route)

I have stayed at that property before on my previous trip to Toronto.

I was not completely satisfied with its location, as it's not that CLOSE to shopping areas.

And I am only going to stay in Toronto for one day this time, I'd really hope I can end up somewhere on Bloor st (perhaps Yorkville).

I guess for now I just have to keep trying and not exceed $140, in case I end up with the Sutton Place hotel.

Is that a right strategy?

Is that a right strategy?
It makes sense... otherwise you can end up overbidding for the Sutton Place.

Although since there is a hotel in this zone that you're hoping to avoid i'd also make the suggestion of continuing to check HOTWIRE for offerings to see if there is something within your budget and which you can reasonably identify which would work for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

7/16-7/17

4* Downtown West $113

smoke-free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, hi-speed internet

90% recommended

Best guesses:

Inter-Continental yorkville

Renaissance

Sheraton Centre

4* Downtown East $121

smoke-free, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, hi-speed internet, spa

95% recommended

Best guess:

Westin Harbour Castle

Is it possible to narrow down the one in Downtown West?

Is there any other possibility for the one in Downtown East?

Thanks!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay i the same thread... if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

The properties you've listed above are the best guesses and i'm not able to narrow down the possibilities of the Downtown West property.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Went out of mind and bid through the PRICELINE link on this site up to $165 for one night from 7/16-7/17 for two rooms.

Ended up with Intercontinental Toronto Yorkville.

This is the one I really hope to get.

I went above $140 as the price suggested by Expedia for Sutton Place.

So there is a lower limit for each hotel priceline assign?

Otherwise, I would most likely getting the Sutton Place for $165 per night?

I thought bidding too much will result in getting a overpriced hotel.

But still thanks thereuare for the help thoughout the bidding porcess.

Will come back for next journey really soon :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for. When you attempt to bid higher for a 'better' hotel, you run the risk of an overbid. Imagine two hotels in a given zone with the following minimums to be accepted:

Hotel A $120

Hotel B $160

If you bid $165 you will receive Hotel B. HOWEVER, if HotelB has no inventory, or if their minimum required bid is $170, you would then receive Hotel A and would have paid too much.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]