Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown North) Delta Chelsea

studenttraveller
By studenttraveller,
in

I made several unsuccesful attempts at bidding for a 4* hotel in downtown Toronto today (using this site's link). I started bidding at $70 and went up to $90, adding rebid zones each time. I'd be willing to go down to 3.5* and I'd also be willing to stay in downtown north. I'd prefer downtown south, and I'd rather not pay more than $90, but I can go up to ~$100 if necessary. Should I just wait it out and hope they start accepting some lower bids soon?

Thanks.

Since you've got plenty of time, I would wait it out, and try again every couple of days.

It's possible that your weekend is a particularly busy weekend for some reason. In that case, you're out of luck and will have to accept paying more. But usually I'm able to get better prices than what you've had so far.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at that hotel on Hotwire a bit earlier. I'm kind of tempted to go for it, but I'd also like to see if I can do better than that. Any guesses on what 3.5* for $102 on Hotwire is? Amenities: non-smoking, fitness centre, pool(s), restaurant(s), business center & high-speed internet.

Should I post a new thread in the Hotwire forum?

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps a bit more then you originally wanted to spend, this looks like a nice deal and you know (based upon your $90 rejection) this wouldn't have gone for much less. Glad to see you're pleased with the overall outcome and this should work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]