Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

mbgt72
By mbgt72,
in

Criteria: 4 star Hotel Downtown Atlanta for Sat 4/16 one night only

Winning bid: $57 for Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Downtown)

Bid 1: $52, denided

Bid 2: $57 (added "Buckhead") won

I followed the PRICELINE link from here to start off, so ya me!

I bid at $52 first, then got denied. I was told I had to wait 24 hours, but seeing as how I needed to have a hotel for this weekend, I decided to "add an area" as you cannot simply bump your price up (didn't know that). By adding "Buckhead" to the list, I rebid at $57 and won the bid for the Hyatt Regency Downtown Atlanta.

I figured adding Buckhead was a pretty safe bet b/c HOTWIRE.com showed the cheapest downtown area at $82 a night, and the cheapest Buckhead location at $112 a night. So the likelihood that I wound up in Buckhead with such a low increase, was pretty low in my mind (obviously could happen, but I didn't think it would at least). I was okay with Buckhead if that's where I got, but I preferred downtown. So I was happy to get the downtown location.

I'm a little bit leery about the Hyatt as it has had some bad reviews, and Expedia technically shows it to be a 3.5 star and not 4 star, but I think it'll be okay. We'll soon see.

Thanks so much guys and this site has now saved me a lot of money twice! (Oh, Expedia shows the hotel at $169/night right now too!!!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]