Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Minneapolis-St Paul (Bloomington West-MofA) Sheraton Bloomington

mmcconaughy
By mmcconaughy,
in

This is my first time using PL. I have used hotwire and all the information on here a lot, so that you to all of you who supply me, a lurker, with all the information.

I have never used the Name your price feature of priceline. I guess I need some guidance on how to bid this zone. Looking at 3.5 stars. I was thinking about somewhere between $40-$45. Is that too low? Also, with 3.5 stars, how would I go about trying to re-bid if I only want that zone. Looking to stay close to MOA with a shuttle a must. Going to be taking the light rail downtown for Twins game and driving not an option (way too many places to stop downtown and enjoy a beverage :) )

Probably do some shopping as well. Any guidance before I get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Welcome 'officially' to BetterBidding!

I have used hotwire and all the information on here a lot...
It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who took the time to post before you. :)

Please click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread, we'll then have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about not using the links. I never really thought I had anything to add, thus why I never even registered before now. Really sorry for that. I will make sure to add my thoughts more often and use the links.

So does anyone care to give me any help/suggestions on how I should go about this being its my first time using.g priceline name your price? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all the information.

Looking to stay close to MOA with a shuttle a must.
While i would think most of the hotels in this zone would offer a Shuttle, there is no guarantee that you'll receive a hotel which offers shuttle service. This is a risk you'll need to be willing to accept if you use PRICELINE.
...how would I go about trying to re-bid if I only want that zone.
You need to know how to determine these yourself as they can change at any time and therefore need to be checked before the beginning of each bidding cycle. Start with this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and confirm your re-bid zones with the board (HINT: at the 3.5* level you have ELEVEN re-bid zones) If you read the previous link are are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

What is your maximum bid... is $45 your maximum or about where you intended to start?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok. let me make sure I have the process down. Since I am looking at 3.5*, I start out choosing Airport-MOA only. If rejected, I start including zones 1 at a time that do not have any 3.5* or higher correct? So that being said, I would go down this path:

Airport-MOA

Airport-MOA+Burnsville

Airport-MOA+Coon Rapids/Blaine

Airport-MOA+Eden Prarie

etc......

Is this right? Also, what do you think I should start bidding at. I would be willing to go to $60 for any of the 3.5* in Airport-MOA, as there are only 3 hotels and all seem to have everything that I am looking for.

Thanks again for all the help!

Yes, it appears you have the concept correct, just you have to make sure that you're only adding zones which only have hotels which are rated 3* and less.

At the 3.5* level you ELEVEN re-bid zones... feel free to confirm them all with the board before bidding.

If you're comfortable that you have correctly identified your re-bid zones i would bid as follows:

Select 3.5* Airport-MSP...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $52, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Unfortunately $60's not going to be enough at this point in time. Prices may come down between now and your stay, but there is no way to know for sure which direction they may go between now and then. Your options are to proceed upward slowly or wait and try again (possibly in a week, for example.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ended up opening my zone a little to include Bloomington West. Thankfully with all the information here, I had a real good idea of what I was getting. That allowed me to call ahead of my bidding to see if any shuttles were available from the hotels listed.

Won my $40 bid at Sheraton on Normandale for 6/11/11-6/12/11.

FYI- Verified with the prop that shuttle service is available to both MOA and Airport.

Thanks again for all of the help and I did use the links above for all searches and winning bid.

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see that you were flexible and able to expand your zone preferences and that this property still proves to be convenient for your needs. Looks like you were able to get it even cheaper then you had been bidding for the other zone and just as convenient.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]