Priceline Hotel: Philadelphia, center city/downtown, 5/23-5/25

moneypenny02
By moneypenny02,
in

Hi all,

Am just starting to look for a hotel for 2 nights downtown Philly to check-in May 23 and check out may 25th. Have not tried the NYOP yet, but the prices I am seeing on the regular PRICELINE site for 3.5+ in that area are about $170+. Someone on another thread on this site recommended Lastminutetravel.com, and I found a 3.5* (although description says 4*) for about $170 for the two nights. I haven't tried that site before, and wondering what others' thoughts of it were. Also, any idea what hotel this may be? (I am thinking maybe the Warwick) I will probably try NYOP later tonight, and see if I can do this well or better, but if people have opinions on what hotel it may be and using lastminutetravel, I would appreciate it!

Based on photos, I think this is definitely the Warwick. The Crowne Plaza is also available for a similar price. I think I will check more reviews on both, and then see if I can do any better with a 4* in NYOP. If not, I'll pick these up. Any opinions or suggestions as to this plan are still appreciated.

Also, I am looking for hotel rooms for my husband and I to spend our last nights in Philadelphia as we finish cleaning out our apartment and prepare for our flight out of town.

You can use the LMT tool linked in this thread for help with the property above.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Let us what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay...tried a search using the PRICELINE link. No success thus far.

Including fees the 3.5*s on LMT were about $170, so I wasn't trying to go too far above that once I included in about $30 of Priceline fees.

I searched for May 23-May 25, 4* in Downtown, and started at $70/night. For some reason it let me continue to keep bidding with adding additional areas (I thought you only got one of those per bid), so I kept trying. I ended up adding Cherry Hill, City Line, Gloucester and University, and going up to $77. The average price per night that its listing for those areas is $155. I was nervous though b/c it started at like $261/night when I only included Downtown, and when I included, I think Cherry Hill, it dropped down to $155. Given that there are not supposed to be any 4* hotels in Cherry Hill I didn't think that this number should change at all. (Any ideas why it did???) I think that kind of freaked me out, and made me hesitant to bid much more b/c I didn't want to end up paying more for a hotel somewhere out in Cherry Hill, which is NOT what we want. It was allowing me one more bid (and I could have included the Trevose area, but I don't think I will press my luck.

The Warwick is looking more and more attractive! At least I know for certain where it will be, and the price is pretty good. May try again bidding on Priceline tomorrow. How likely do you think it is that these same bids may be successful? I want to keep it under $200, so the highest I could go would probably be about $85.

You can get the Holiday Inn Express Midtown for $96.00 using the friends & family rate at the url below.

use the link below to look up hotels & book - You need to print off the voucher & have it with you in case they ask for it. It seems that they only ask for it very occasionally.

www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/friendsandfamily

Okay, tried again. Went up to $91 but couldn't get anything, so settled for Warwick via LMT for total price of $200 (including all fees). My only hesitation to get Warwick when it first showed up had been b/c of some less than stellar reviews when I checked it out, but the location is perfect for us, and we have the chance to get a nice room....just hope it happens! Perhaps could have gotten same hotel for less via NYOP if I had looked for 3.5* hotels, but didn't want to risk ending up with a 3.5 that we wouldn't like.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]