Priceline Hotel: Chicago 5/5 - 5/9 2011

jkloni
By jkloni,
in

We are going to Chicago for Mother's Day weekend. Arriving Thursday evening 5/5 and leaving Monday 5/9. I know very little about Chicago, but just searched a little and think we would like to stay in the Loop (river north and west, Congress St to south) or Magnificent Mile/Streeterville area (north of the Loop area). I hope I have the names correct.

Just checked Hotwire - and the pickins are slim... I haven't tried Priceline yet but have no point of reference to even know where to start. We'd like hotel close to public transportation (there is such in Chicago, right?) -. If there is another area that I should be considering, please let me know.

I also just read the post of the person that has been looking for similar dates on our weekend and has not been successful.

I'm thinking Priceline will be the best option. Agree?

I'd like the best possible price of course... max bid $120? too low?

Of course....we've bought our flights and have now started looking for hotels. So...we have to stay somewhere...or fall back on hotel points if necessary.

Going check Hotwire again. Looked this morning and there were only 2 hotels. Looked 10 min ago and there were like 15! Upload on a Saturday morning I guess. (I know I'm in Priceline's forum. sorry).

Kathy

I am trying for the same nights. As of today, I have bid up to $130 for a 4* and up to $100 for a 3* in the North Michigan Ave and Millennium Park zones.

It appears that it is possible to get a 4* for $85 on Hotwire for Thursday night only and a 4* for $120 on Priceline for Friday and Saturday, but I do not want to have to change hotels.

In terms of Chicago, the North Michigan Ave area is generally preferred (this area is NMA-River North on PRICELINE and split into Mag Mile/Streeterville and NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast on HOTWIRE.) The Loop area is fine, closer hotels and does offer some shopping on Michigan Ave, but some portions of the area are more business-oriented and the are as a whole can seem quiet (or very quiet) at night, depending on the exact area and time of year. Chicago is quite walkable; while public transit is easily accessible, the downtown area is reasonably easy to explore by foot.

These dates are, unfortunately, extremely busy, although the Thursday night alone is better and when searching for 5/6-8 only, what appears to be the sheraton is showing on HOTWIRE for $139; another user did get it for $120 for those dates via PRICELINE. All three nights together, however, appears to be problematic - as noted above, Ohiogirl was unsuccessful at $130.

Splitting the stay would appear to be the best course of action for these days at this point (would that be of interest?), although that may change for the better or worse depending if traffic comes in higher/lower than expected.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches. Please use the site's Support/Travel links if you book directly though a hotel.

Thanks, AaronJB and Ohio Girl.

After further review and info, NMA-River North is the best place for us. (We'd prefer not to switch. (Honesty's the best policy :) )

We're staying 4 nights Thurs 5/5 arrival and departing Monday 5/9.

So... will it be difficult up to impossible?

Looking at Hotwire right now (I know, this is the Priceline forum :)) and I'm going to try and ID these.

Thanks again for any and all help!

(Don't you hate when you buy airline tickets BEFORE you look for your hotel??!?!!!)

Kathy

Looking at Hotwire right now - (these dates are tough - no $76 rates for me. :))

4 nights 5/5 - 5/9

Can someone help ID these hotels?

3-star hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville = $142

Fitness Center

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

3.5-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast = $153

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Thanks,

Kathy

The limited amenities shown for the 3* make it a match for multiple properties: the Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass, Inn of Chicago and the River Hotel have all been reported with this amenity combination, so any of these woudl be my best guess for this one.

The 3.5* matches previous reports for the Hotel Indigo so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]