Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Hyatt Financial

gambit
By gambit,
in

Hey folks, I'm attempting my second booking using the priceline rebid method. Just looking for some feedback on my steps and/or strategy. Is there anything I should be doing differently?

Looking for a 3.5 or better in Boston for the weekend of 4/15/11-4/17/11. Budget is quite firm at $120 max.

Ideal zones to stay in(in order):

1. Copley Square - Theatre.

2. Quincy Market

3. Harbor front Aquarium

4. Waterfront Convention center.

Here's what I tried yesterday:

4* Copley, $80 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy, $82 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium, $85 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C., $90 - rejected

(at this point I started adding Free rebid zones)

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton, $94 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton + Fenway, $98 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton + Fenway + Medford, $102 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton + Fenway + Medford + North Cambridge, $110 - rejected

4* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton + Fenway + Medford + North Cambridge + South Boston, $120 - rejected

(Lowered Star rating to 3.5*, but zones were grayed in, so I only really had 1 rebid left at this point?)

3.5* Copley + Quincy + Aquarium + Convention C. + Brighton + Fenway + Medford + North Cambridge + South Boston, $90 - rejected

Going to try a similar approach again tonight, hoping to get some feedback/suggestions before then. Thanks.

Your bidding strategy at the 4* level is fine, but once that is rejected and you want to try for a 3.5*, you can close the browser and re-use a PRICELINE link on the board to access priceline.

You can then start bidding 3.5* with a 'clean slate' and add your re-bid zones one at a time just as you had done at the 4* level.

HOWEVER, have you checked hotel direct rates for this stay? At the moment rates are in the $300-400's so i think your chances of success at $120 or under is very slim.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Was booking for a friend, hence the strict budget. Convinced him to go higher, as he was desperate to find a place downtown for the weekend.

Using the the PRICELINE links, went up to $175 for 4*, 3.5* and 3* for Copley, Quincy Market, Aquarium and Convention center zones with no luck. Eventually he relented, and asked me to simply find a place for Friday, April 15th only. Was able to get the Hyatt Regency Boston at $108. Upon confirmation, was offered the chance to book another night at the Hyatt for the same price. Selected saturday as the add-on date, submitted the request, then received a message saying they were unable to find a room for the following night, oh well.

Happy with the friday deal, just disappointed I couldnt get something for both dates. Friends will stay out of town on saturday night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]