Priceline Hotel: Schenectady NY Priceline Hotels

dsmith66
By dsmith66,
in

It looks like there should be a 3* in Schenectady, NY, area 5 on the Priceline map. Is anyone aware of what the hotel might be? I know there is a Holiday Inn on Nott Terrace.

I will need 3 rooms ... two for one night each, and one room for two nights in that area in June. The #5 map area appears small, so am curious to know if there are more than one 3*

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding... we've been waiting for your first post.

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread with the dates of your stay and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you; done.

Ideally ... 3 Rooms

Room 1 - Checking in Fri, Jun 10, 2011, checking out Sun, Jun 12.

Rooms 2 & 3 - Checking in Sat, Jun 11, 2011, checking out Sun, Jun 12.

Still required to display credit card used to make PRICELINE hotel purchases, or is photo ID corresponding to names typically sufficient?

Regards,

We have not had any hotels in this area reported to the board, but the Holiday Inn Schenectady is currently 3* rated by PRICELINE.

I see rates are $200+ for this weekend, which is substantially higher than usual, do you know of some even taking place in town over these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Near as I can tell, not much besides a "Molecules Exposed Workshop" for 6-9 year olds ... <sigh>.

I've got some time, so I don't mind trying a few times. Honestly, my biggest concern is to get everyone at the same hotel ... given that the folks for one of the rooms need to arrive a day earlier. I did consider bidding on three rooms, then trying to add one night separately though different means for the one room. I'll try whatever you suggest. :)

I've got some time, so I don't mind trying a few times.
What is your expected budget per room per nite?
Honestly, my biggest concern is to get everyone at the same hotel ...
Not sure how you want to play this as you'll have to do separate purchases and there is no way to ensure that you'll be able to get the same hotel on a subsequent purchase (even if you're willing to book direct, there is always the risk that the hotel you receive 3 rooms for on June 11 will be sold-out for June 10... perhaps a low risk, but a risk you'll need to accept nonetheless). HOTWIRE has a new feature where you can try to extend your stay, and it appears you can attempt to do so for fewer rooms then your original purchase (unlike PRICELINE where you need to extend the stay for the same number of rooms) but no assurance that HOTWIRE will have availability for the additional room for the additional nite.

Not sure what type of risk you're willing to accept and how much it would ruin your plans should you not be able to get the same hotel for the additional nite.

Let us know your thoughts, and maximum bid, and we'll take it from there.

Well ... that #5 area appears small, so even if we ended up at two different hotels, I wouldn't say that would ruin our plans at all. It would be nice, but .....

My daughter is in a wedding and must arrive Friday and will have things to do. The rest of us will arrive Saturday for the wedding and will simply need a sleep place for Saturday night.

I'd love to stay at @ $125, $150 I guess if necessary.

So you do want to make two purchases:

1) one room for two nites

2) two rooms for one nite

(as opposed to 3 rooms for one nite (at the same hotels) and then one additional room (possibly at a different hotel) for the additional nite)

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

So you do want to make two purchases:

1) one room for two nites

2) two rooms for one nite

(as opposed to 3 rooms for one nite (at the same hotels) and then one additional room (possibly at a different hotel) for the additional nite)

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Yep ... let's do that. Many thanks.

At the 3* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would at least try a few lowball bids first and try:

Select 3* Schenectady...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Note that you can do the above first for the one nite stays... then if rejected re-try for the 2 nite stay.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Of course, 24 hours after your last rejected bid you can re-try:

Select 3* Schenectady...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105

Thanks for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links on the board.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]