Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) Hotel Pulitzer

gr8aunt
By gr8aunt,
in

So... I just had a strange experience. I placed a 5 star bid on one zone which was rejected, then I placed a higher offer and instead of the normal rejection screen up popped a screen showing a list of the regular Priceline hotels with a statement across the top to the effect of

It does happen on occasion, as if your bid is not accepted, then PRICELINE may show - at times - a list of regular rate opinions to consider (and maybe at times some users, having bid a number of times, may see something on the regular rate side they decide to go with.)

I'd close the screen, and then go back to PRICELINE and start again.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Well, when I first began this Amsterdam search, others had gotten rooms in the $75 to $95 range. But I have now been bidding for days and am up to $120 and getting rejection after rejection so I need to look at some alternatives. Truth be told, I'm not such a fancy lady. For 2 nights all we really need is a clean and safe hotel near a tram stop. Sure, a four or five star rated property would be wonderful but so far I'm not having much luck. Of course, I still have plenty of time but need to explore my options. Priceline (and Betterbidding) hasn't let me down yet so I'm hoping something will soon come through on NYOP!

The 2* hotel is not opaque and if you click the CONTINUE button you'll see the name is shown and this is the Hotel Atlanta... the 3* property has not yet been reported to the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Here ya' go...a new hotel to add to the Amsterdam list...Hotel Pulitzer! The funny thing is, I was whining to my bro-in-law that I was having no luck bidding on properties in Amsterdam and he suggested I book a room at the Pulitzer, his favorite Amsterdam hotel. I went to their site for my dates and it was 344 Euros a night so I decided to keep plugging away on Priceline. Yesterday they accepted my offer of $168.00 per night and I was so surprised (but delighted) to see this hotel pop up. Glad to use the BetterBidding link and thank you for the tips that made my win possible!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]