Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) Westin Waterfront

manypims
By manypims,
in

Pretty happy with this result since it is Opening Day for the Red Sox and rooms are pricey and somewhat limited via the conventional Web sites. Also happy to get this deal two days in advance on my last-minute trip.

For the 4 stars, I started at $75 and using $5 increments, worked my way up to $100, which was my limit. I then switched to 3 1/2 stars and went in $5 increments from $65 to $90, which was my limit. I then tried the 3 stars went from $55 to $70, which was my limit.

After no success in all three star zones, started doing some digging. Saw a 4 star in the Waterfront-Convention Center zone on Hotwire for $133. Using Better Bidding, I determined it was the Westin Waterfront. So I went back to Priceline and concentrated on the Boston (Waterfront-Convention Center) zone. Since my last $100 bid, which included that zone, was not accepted, I started at $105. Success.

Moral of the story: Keep your discipline when using Priceline, even if your stay is quickly approaching. Also, try to use all of the tools available on Better Bidding to help your search. I didn't originally, but was successful once I did.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]