Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial District) Club Quarters Wall St

StickyNotes
By StickyNotes,
in

A friend and I are looking for a 3.5* or 4* hotel in NYC for 4/28 to 5/1. We'd probably be okay with a 3* hotel since we don't plan on staying in the room much. Don't have any strong preferences in location as long as we're close to the subway. Midtown (West/East/Upper) or Downtown/SoHo seem fine.

Not much is planned, but we would like to go shopping, eat at some unique restaurants, and see one or two Broadway shows. We have done a lot of the touristy stuff on previous visits, but any suggestions are welcome.

Looking to spend no more than $200/night, and saving money is always good, too. Hopefully no bedbugs, and we'd prefer two beds, but I know Priceline only guarantees double occupancy. I can sleep on the floor.

Any suggestions on what to do in the city, where to stay, and help with a bidding strategy would all be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A friend and I are looking for a 3.5* or 4* hotel in NYC for 4/28 to 5/1... Midtown (West/East/Upper) or Downtown/SoHo seem fine.

Did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*, and so-on... OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* (or 3*??) or better for this stay?

It sounds as if you've been to the city before, but keep in mind that Downtown is a bit less convenient for the average user than midtown, but i do think that for your dates the best bang for your buck will likely be Downtown.

Let us know regarding the first question above (bidding for 4* first or goal is least expensive 3.5*) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*, and so-on... OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* (or 3*??) or better for this stay?
I think we'd like to try for the least expensive 3.5* hotel first, and if that doesn't work, we can reconsider our budget and try 4* or different area.
It sounds as if you've been to the city before, but keep in mind that Downtown is a bit less convenient for the average user than midtown, but i do think that for your dates the best bang for your buck will likely be Downtown.
Never stayed in downtown before - can you elaborate on how much less convenient it would be? A 5-10 minute walk to a subway wouldn't be bad and we don't mind calling taxis.
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.
Will do. Thanks for the fast reply.
Never stayed in downtown before - can you elaborate on how much less convenient it would be? A 5-10 minute walk to a subway wouldn't be bad and we don't mind calling taxis.

You probably won't be more than a 5-10 minute walk to a subway, but it'll be a 20+ minute ride to midtown, if that is where you think you'll be spending most of your time.

Late at nite if you intend to take a taxi back to the hotel, you're probably looking at ~$25 depending upon exactly where you are in the city and exactly where your hotel is located Downtown.

Lastly, in looking at this stay at the moment, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? It seems like you can get a 4* hotel in midtown for the first nite of your stay for $185... then a 3.5* Downtown hotel for the last two nites of your stay for $115/nite. While changing hotels on a short trip like this may not be ideal, it does come in at under $140 average per nite which would be well under your budget.

Let us know your thoughts regarding Downtown and/or splitting the stay and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You probably won't be more than a 5-10 minute walk to a subway, but it'll be a 20+ minute ride to midtown, if that is where you think you'll be spending most of your time.
Thanks for the info. That's not bad at all. We'll probably divide our time between SoHo and Midtown.
Lastly, in looking at this stay at the moment, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? It seems like you can get a 4* hotel in midtown for the first nite of your stay for $185... then a 3.5* Downtown hotel for the last two nites of your stay for $115/nite. While changing hotels on a short trip like this may not be ideal, it does come in at under $140 average per nite which would be well under your budget.
Would like to avoid changing hotels if possible, and we probably don't need the accommodations of a 4* (my friend is just worried about bed bugs). Assuming downtown is probably one of the Club Quarters, this is fine. I'm guessing these prices are from Hotwire?

I used the PRICELINE link and tried some practice bidding, but it seems I missed some of the deals that people got earlier in the month.

3.5* Downtown - Rejected for $75, $80, $90, $100, and $105. I suppose I'll try again tomorrow though prices seem to be creeping up. Thoughts?

If you go to HOTWIRE now they are offering a 3.5* in the Downtown zone for $115/nite... best guess is the Club Quarters World Trade or the World Hotel (which as per a recent discussion on the board, are housed in the same building)

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Using the PRICELINE link, I made a $80 bid for 3.5* in Downtown/Soho, and it was immediately accepted. Makes me think I should have started lower, but still a bargain deal.

Club Quarters Wall Street

Downtown - Soho - Financial District

52 William Street

New York, New York 10005

212-269-6400

$80 x 3 nights + $58.44 taxes = $298.44 total.

I'll call them later and see what it would take to upgrade the beds. But thanks for all the helpful articles explaining how Priceline works!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]