Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile-Streeterville) Hyatt Regency

Scooter55
By Scooter55,
in

The first time I asked for help on this board my son was getting ready to make the move to Chicago to attend college. Well, graduation day is May 15.

We are looking for a 3.5 or 4 star in the North Michigan-River North area, second choice- Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area. Trying to hold the cost to 100 a night.

The dates are somewhat flexible as we can consider checking in on May 14. I know there are some fairly nice 3.5's in the area, but the problem is that I think a few of those are completely non-smoking and the husband can't give it up. I travel with an air cleaner! So far I have bid 90.00 on a four star in North Michigan-river North. Nothing. Included Lincoln park and bid 95.00. Nothing. What's my next move?

Congrats to him on graduation day! :)

Just to confirm, have you bid for 4* Millennium Park yet? I see what appears to be the Hyatt for $98 on HOTWIRE for these dates; you may be able to get it as a 4* bid on PRICELINE for $70-85. Rates in the NMA area look a tad pricey and will likely require over $100.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm seeing the 4* HOTWIRE Mag Mile property when searching for 5/13-16 for 2 people. If I search for 5/13-15 only, the 4* in the Mag Mile area is $171.

If you have bid up to $95 for the Millennium Park zone at the 4* level and nothing has accepted, I'd consider taking the $98 4* Mag Mile, as there is the risk the price could change or it may change to a different and possibly more expensive listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this property for the busy May period. The listing does note "smoke-free", but this is not a smoke-free property; my guess is that the HOTWIRE rooms may be smoke-free. If you go to Expedia, there are Smoking room options at this property. I'd call Hyatt and request a smoking room.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Scooter55,

Thanks for the post and sharing your win!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

THANKS! Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Responding to your pm with amenities.

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

I did call to request a smoking room and was informed that the building is totally smoke-free. and I understand there are hefty fines for lighting up.

I see the smoke free sign sometimes but think it means there are smoke free rooms

available. I thought about trying to change it, but it would be a lot of work for no reward probably. He will just have to deal with it this time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]