Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Sheraton Station Square

GJC53
By GJC53,
in

Using the PRICELINE shortcut on Better Bidding, I bid $65 for Pittsburgh downtown 4* and was rejected

Re-bid and added 3.5* with the 4* @ $70 and was awarded the Sheraton Station Square.

On the Sheraton website, average room cost was $177.82

I've been told this is quite the property and surrounding area.

Will be watching my Cubbies play the Pirates.

As always....thanks BB

• 3 months later...

Nice hotel. This worked perfectly.

There are riverboats right behind the hotel that took us to PNC Ball Park for a few Pirate games.

Station Square is a fabulous area with good food, bars and views.

Only trouble we had was with the elevators. You need your room key at all hours when getting on at ground level.

It didn't always work. Patti the manager helped us and walked us to our room to make sure everything was good.

Pittsburgh is an under-rated town. We'll be back.

Thanks again for your insight.

GJC

Congratulations CJC53 and I got 7 nights at $80 in November from this priceline winning bid.

I have 5 days before I arrive so may well try using your method nearer the time

Upgraded to Club Level I was told is $30 and gets you a continental breakfast with a better room and Hors d'oeuvre between 5 and 10 pm in the club level...may try it when I read some reviews to see if it's worth it.

Never tried the upgrade at any Sheraton yet.

We are staying at the Sheraton in New Orleans this Friday for 5 nights.

I'll inquire when I get there about the upgrade. Off season there so who knows

Let me ask anyone willing to share...is cash a good way for an upgrade?...

or does the res. desk need to do it by the book?

I read it and a good post GJC53 and have had upgrades by just being polite ,patient and courteous and will be interested to see how you get on with your next trip.I'm not expecting a free upgrade for 7 nights at the Sheraton but you may get one for 2 nights.

The best upgrade I ever got was on a flight from Philadelphia to London Gatwick on the way back from Vegas when the flight was overbooked by 7 people and volunteers were asked for with an offer of a $650 voucher for a future flight ,with the flight going via Manchester ( UK ) 2 hours later then on to Gatwick arriving some 4 hours later..The poor US Airways clerk was harassed by others and I was the only one to volunteer and when I got to the desk she"upgraded" me to "Envoy" without asking as I had gave her respect and was just polite.

Enjoy PNC Park and the best advice apart from being able to take your own food in( i always take a 12" Subway) is to take the ballpark tour if you have not done it..only $5 and they tour at 10am or noon on night games with 10am being the best as you get a look inside the batting cage..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]