Thailand Bangkok JW Marriott Sukhumvit

Desirees
By Desirees,
in

We stayed there from 4/1-4/5. Absolutely no mention of PL was made at check in, and we upgraded to the Executive floor for about $40 a night which was well worth it, with the free breakfast and the great snacks they served, as well as the amenities. While checking in, my husband had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary, and they sent us a bottle of wine with a very nice card.

The Good -

The staff: Everyone was smiling and genuinely courteous. They never ceased to give 110% whenever the opportunity arose. My husband had a ligament sprain and he called the concierge at around 10pm asking for an ace bandage, and within someone showed up with it. They also asked if we wanted a dr to check out the foot, and we were not charged for the bandage.

The room: We've stayed in bigger and smaller. The details were tremendous. From the teak wood foyer to the mosaic shower stall. The goose down comforter and ... I don't know what they were made of but I would buy some if I found out.. pillows made sleeping a joyous relief from the days journeys.

The restaurants: Whether your tastes are cautiously western or exotically asian (from near to far east), you won't have to leave the hotel or its restaraunts. The main buffet has a plethora of US/European favorites as well as a sampling of eastern dishes. If you want to delve more into the east then the other internal restauraunts can assist you with the same courteousness that is displayed by the rest of the hotel staff. Regardless, all the dishes are as tasteful as they are artful. They can compete with any gourmet restaurant that I have come across.

The extras - The executive lounge with complimentary wireless connectivity, breakfast and evening snacks and 24 hour drinks was definitely worth the upgrade. A strong recommendation.

The appearance - Luxury.. from the indoor lotus pond to the piano bar, no other words better describes it.

The bad -

First... I don't work for... nor have any relatives or friends who work for the Marriott corporation. I have traveled around the world and have stayed in places where I would not take my socks off to places that made me call the front desk to make sure they are not mistaking our reservation for someone elses, having said that... not really any negatives.

The room: I can nit pick and say that I would have liked the room to be a bit larger but that can be said about any room/suite.

The location: It is in the center of everything.. but if everything is spread out over 4 miles... then your 2 miles away from anything.

Hope this helps,

D.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]