Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental Barclay

karen_zab
By karen_zab,
in

Have tried the last three nights on Priceline with no success to book May 21 - 28th in Manhatten across MTE, MTW, ESB, TS and CPS up to $200 for a 4* hotel (one at a time going up each time).

I decided to go this route because I was so overwhelmed by the sheer number of hotels to sort through and figured a 4* would ensure satisfactory accommodations (husband is very particular).

I'm OK going up more but want to make sure I use the right strategy. I would feel better booking early and having the hotel sorted out well before we get there but also don't want to leave money on the table. So should I just bite the bullet now and up my price till I get something or wait and try over the new few weeks at a lower price (between $200 and ??).

Also, I'm not familiar with how Hotwire works - I can't see the hotel names when I look at their rates/stars but others on this forum seem to know what hotels are and are not available on Hotwire for certain prices....

Thoughts?

Karen

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With HOTWIRE you don't know/see the hotel name before your purchase, but you can take an educated guess based upon the amenities shown.

HOTWIRE currently has a 4* hotel in the ESB zone for $221/nite with Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet icons. While these amenities are common in NYC (and there are no guarantees), the St Giles the Court has previously been seen with this amenity combination so that would be my best guess for this one.

Would this, or some other HOTWIRE offer, work for your plans or would you like to continue to bid higher on PRICELINE?

Feel free to ask any questions you have and we'll try to help further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

If you move forward let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What i believe to be The St. Giles is offered thru HOTWIRE... a 4* hotel in the Empire State Building zone with Restaurant, Fitness, Internet and Business icons.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates do you see this offer? (your price may differ by a few dollars)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed in that area and it's a great location....maybe one block from the local (green) subway (though I believe that station closes on weekends so maybe a few blocks from main subway line)...the only thing is the fire trucks running on Lexington at night if on a low floor....but still a great spot in MTE

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]