Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTW) Club Quarters Rockefeller Center

Maleficent
By Maleficent,
in

Hi there,

Looking for some advice for this early June stay. Budget is max $220 (would prefer to be under that if possible) and would consider 3.5* or 4*. Hotwire seems to have a midtown central 3.5* for $175 or MTE for $178. Hard to identify the MTE as it shares a lot of amenities with others (unless I'm reading it wrong).

Should I consider splitting my bid because of the length of my stay? Any advice would be appreciated. Oh and I would not accept the CPS or MTE (I think that's the one with the 15 min walk to the subway) should I go for 3.5*

Many thanks for any advice.

Hotwire seems to have a midtown central 3.5* for $175 or MTE for $178. Hard to identify the MTE as it shares a lot of amenities with others (unless I'm reading it wrong).
Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.
Budget is max $220 (would prefer to be under that if possible) and would consider 3.5* or 4*
Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

As the HOTWIRE hotels above appear to be within your star rating and budget, is your goal a better price OR is HOTWIRE a consideration?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Least expensive 3.5* or better would be the goal as most that come up on this board seem to be of satisfactory quality. I'd rather spend excess money in Manhattan. As I said above however, I'd exclude the zone with the hotel that's 15mins away from the subway and likewise the Hudson in CPS.

Given that Hotwire is about 175/night before tax what should I begin at? $135? And I'll replace my browser bookmarks with your Priceline and HOTWIRE link addresses so I remember when searching.

Which zone(s) are acceptable... MTW, ESB, TS, MSG?

And I'll replace my browser bookmarks with your Priceline and HOTWIRE link addresses so I remember when searching.
Thanks. Please note for us to receive credit for your purchase you have to use the following method to bookmark our links:

1) RIGHT mouse click our PRICELINE link

2) select 'add to favorites' or 'bookmark this link' from the pop-up window

3) repeat for our HOTWIRE link

Unfortunately we will NOT receive credit if you click the above links and then bookmark the ensuing page. Although doing so will take you to PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, we won't receive credit unless you bookmark as per the above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MTW and ESB...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS and MSG...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and MSG...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MSG and ESB...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and ESB and MSG...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and ESB and TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and ESB and TS and MSG...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

I know stopping at $160 is below your $220 budget, but if this is rejected i believe you have some other options we'll explore at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've been bidding but not so much luck yet. I'm not doing it correctly I now realise though. I've not been sure on the bid zones so only selecting some of the places I'd be willing to stay if I made a mistake. Could you please let me know what the 4 rebid zones are? I understand the concept of the rebidding and I've looked through the hotel list. From what I've saw I've been using the UES and Hell's Kitchen.

Could anyone help me with the 4 zones? Sorry for being a bit dim, just a bit unsure.

Thanks very much.

Please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and additionally, do not use the Betterbidding hotel lists for determining re-bid zones. Use the first screen on PRICELINE during the check-out process w/zone selection to determine re-bid zones. PRICELINE can change at any time, and the hotel lists on this website are only what has been reported to the board - not all possible hotels at all star levels. USE is a re-bid zone in this case. Hell's Kitchen is not.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks very much, I've figured it out now. Unfortunately I bid all the way up to $160 and had no hits. There is the World Center hotel (I think) on Hotwire for $175 a night and it's a 4* so I may use that as a backup. I know lower Manhattan isn't the best for TS etc but 20 minutes on the subway isn't too bad a compromise if it comes down to it.

With that said, should I incorporate Chelsea and Downtown into the above? Or if you have any other options that would be great. At the very least your referral links are getting some use haha.

Regards,

M

Rather then $175 and staying downtown how about the 3.5* HOTWIRE property in the MTC zone for $187/nite? While this property has not yet been reported to the board and is a little more than the downtown property, it will have a better location for accessing midtown, has a very high 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests and a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

You are quite right, it makes sense. Very happy to report that I booked this hotel and I won the Club Quarters opposite Rockefeller Center.

Hotel

Rate per night: $187.00

Nights: 7

Rooms: 1

Taxes: $129.08

Occupancy tax: $92.47

Fees: $27.09

Subtotal: $1,557.64

Trip total: $1,557.64

Amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, High Speed Internet

Fabulous location and a very decent price. Looks like prices are on the way up so I'm glad I nabbed this in such a fab part of Manhattan. Thank you so much for all your patience and help with this trip. I also used the HOTWIRE link in the booking there.

Regards

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to take advantage of this offer. While Downtown is do-able for the right price, i think the extra $25 is worth the extra expense for this well located property.

As well, if you're adventurous (and like hot sauce) you should give the

a try for dinner one nite (LATE NITE as they only serve from 7:30pm-4am... SW corner of 53rd and Sixth Ave)... or after a nite of drinking/cocktails. It's a very "local new york" thing to do, a good meal for $6, and not too far from your hotel.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]