Priceline Hotel: Budapest bidding help - May 4-5

mad1
By mad1,
in

Hi

Great forum. I'm ready to begin my first bidding exercise on Priceline.

Info:

2 adults

want: 4 or 5*

willing to pay: upto US$65 per night (taxes+fees included)

checkin: May 4

checkout: May 6 (total 2 nights)

Questions:

- I haven't seen any successful InterContinental bids since 5/2010 - is this hotel still around?

- Is my budget realistic given season and any possible special events that I don't know of?

Thanks....

I stayed at the Budapest Sofitel in September through a win on PRICELINE, from the Better Bidding link. The Intercontinental is right next door. I paid about $85 a night.

I think your budget may have to increase to the $70's or $80's for a 5*. It looks like the past five or so posted winners is the Hilton. The Sofitel was previously the most common 5* win. You're right about the Inter-Continental: the length of time for a reported win is almost a year.

The dollar has weakened since I won my bid, so you may have to increase the previous numbers a few dollars for a win, but I would start around $55 for a 4* and $70 for a 5*. I know Buda is a free bid zone for a 5*, but I don't remember about the 4*.

I didn't see the Hilton while I was there, so I can't speak for the location, but I think the Sofitel and Inter-Continental are perfect locations. Since the Hilton is winning with lower bids than the Sofitel, you might end up there. I suppose if it were my trip, I would try to win the 4* first.

Good luck and keep us informed.

With no re-bid zones i would start at $40 for a 4* hotel, if rejected wait 24 hours and increase the previously rejected bid by $5.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck. Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]