Priceline Hotel: 3* and up in the General DC area

BeritOlam
By BeritOlam,
in

The wife, baby, and I are looking to do a week layover after a month abroad in Europe. She's been to DC, but I never have.

Ideally, we'd like something:

(1) around 3-stars.

(2) in the general $70 range

(3) outside of town (duh!)

(4) something relatively near a Metro Rail stop for DC.

Dates: May 18-24

Any thoughts from anyone?

Couple of issues wit this stay...

(3) outside of town (duh!)

(4) something relatively near a Metro Rail stop for DC.

Your hotel can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone, and once you get outside of the 'city proper', where metro stops become more sporadic, you run a greater chance of ending up further then you may have intended. Do you need to be able to walk to the metro station? Will you have a car should you end up in a part of the zone not that close to a metro station?
(2) in the general $70 range
If you've done any research already for these dates you'll see they're quite high... your budget may be tough even for the outskirts of the city. Have you found anything reasonable meeting your parameters thru far?

Let us know your thoughts based upon the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We were hoping to get by on public transportation, if we could find a hotel within 1/2 distance to a stop along the Metro rail.

We can pay more....just hoping we could find something on the cheaper end of things outside of the really expensive zones in DC!

Haven't looked today on Priceline or Hotwire, but I'll give it another whirl. Didn't find really anything that looked good last night.

Thanks!

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable property thru conventional booking channels, as i'm not seeing anything close to your target budget (just airport hotels which are not that convenient for your needs this trip)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? How about getting on the bus (or Amtrak) and heading up to NYC??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]