Priceline Hotel: Paris April 1-7, 2011, $200/night max.

flospy
By flospy,
in

Hi,

Interested in any input on bidding strategy for hotels:

• Paris
  • April 1-7, 2011.
  • Max of about $200/night (roughly 145Euro),
  • As centrally located as possible. In terms of Priceline zones, I believe this would be zones 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7.

I always seem to love places highly rated by tripadvisor, but I don't think it's possible to aim for a group of hotels in that fashion.

(Not sure if I should repost this on hotwire forum or not?)

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link.

Then reply to this thread with the zone names you're willing to accept (not the numbers as they will change if/when PRICELINE re-names and/or changes the boundaries) and we'll have a look at your stay above.

No need to re-post this in the HOTWIRE section of the board, you can keep all posts pertaining to this stay in this thread; if you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board. What is most important to you for this stay... the lowest possible price OR the ability to know the experience of others at the hotel you'll receive have a guess as to the hotel before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The prices I was seeing on PRICELINE weren't much different from rack racks & non-bidding travel sites, so I went ahead and booked direct for a little place in what I believe would be considered "Opera Quarter East - Les Halles." I was able to stay in budget & I am very pleased with my choice.

The prices I was seeing on PRICELINE weren't much different from rack racks & non-bidding travel sites...

That's because you were probably looking at the 'retail' side of PRICELINE, which is basically the same as rack rates and non-bidding sites. The bidding side of PRICELINE doesn't show prices, so i don't think you were likely looking in the right place.

Glad to see you found something which works for your needs. Feel free to ask for help with your future travel plans, and if you reply to the questions asked, i'm confident we can help you save money vs. what you're able to book elsewhere.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]