Priceline Hotel: 3* Charleston (North Charleston-Airport-Coliseum) Aloft

oldmanbob
By oldmanbob,
in

NOTE: The Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center is NOT on better Bidding's hotel list of 3 star hotels in the Charleston Airport zone and should be added.

These bids were attempted and one was successful last Thursday. I bid on 3-17-11 for a one night stay for Friday 3/18/2011. Sorry for the delay in posting. I tried numerous bids for 3-18 in Savannah, GA. Tried 4 bids going up to 69 for 3 start or better, and was unsuccessful.

We decided to instead stay in Charleston. Historic Charleston bids noted on this site seemed more than I wished to pay for just a night sleep as we needed no other amenities.

For grins, I entered a bid of 47 for a 3.5 star or better for downtown Charleston and was unsuccessful. Most hotels listed in the airport zone on betterbiddings.com were decent so I was happy to bid there. So, not wanting to waste time, I added the airport zone, lowered my preference to 3 star and rebid same amount. Still unsuccessful.

I upped my bid by $2 to $49 and was successful for the Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center. The only down side to this winning bid is that it did not qualify for the free continental breakfast they offered other hotel guests. Having used Priceline many times in the past, I have always been allowed to partake of the free breakfast offered other guests. This was the first time I won a Priceline bid in a hotel that offers a free continental breakfast but excluded Priceline winning bids. They offered it for an extra $5 per person. We checked out the breakfast offerings in the morning and declined, instead going to the shopping center next door and patronizing iHop. The continental breakfast at Aloft was very limited.

The hotel itself was a pleasant surprise. Their web site when I made my last minute bid the evening before had a non refundable Internet rate of $119 plus taxes and fees. I feel I received a very good value. The room was very clean and comfortable. My request to have a room away from the elevator was accommodated. I had read on trip advisor that rooms near the elevator hear the elevator noise. All in all, an enjoyable evening's sleep in a clean and comfortable hotel. Would I pay $119 to stay there ??? no, but $49 plus fees .. absolutely!

I also used the PRICELINE link from better bidding in order to place my bid. thanks for all that bb.com does. I use your information evry time !!!!!

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $49 was accepted by Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center. Your Priceline Hotel Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $49.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $49.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $14.43 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $63.43 (USD)

Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center *** (3 star)

North Charleston - Airport - Coliseum (CHS)

4875 Tanger Outlet Boulevard

North Charleston, South Carolina 29405

843-566-7300

View Map and Directions Check-In Date: Fri, Mar 18, 2011 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Mar 19, 2011 / 12:00 PM

Amenities:

NOTE: The Aloft Hotel is NOT on better Bidding's hotel list of 3 star hotels in the Charleston Airport zone and should be added.

sorry, the bid price listed on my header is incorrect. i think I confiused you by mentioning Savannah in my Charleston post. I had first bid unsuccessfully in Savannah, Ga and I mnetioned I had bid to up to 69, but that was for Savannah GA., and was unsuccessful. The winning bid for Aloft in Charleston was a $49 bid. (With taxes and fees, it had a grand total of 63.43). It was not 69.

Sorry for putting extra data on Savannah in the same post; I made it confusing. I should have not mentioned anything about the unsuccessful bid in Savannah in my post.

thanks, bob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]