Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (Schiphol Airport) Sheraton Airport

PierreC
By PierreC,
in

Unfortunately, if the service rejects an attempt to extend the stay, you will have to bid again. Please keep us updated on what you decide.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I tried again todaya 4 stars and more with the dates april 14-18 and after many attempts changing dates (always between 14 and 18) and zone (all except Airport) i had a counter-off of 145 dollars to my 115 dollars bid.

I turned it down. I will try again in a couple of days. Now i believe i know that from april 14th to 18th i can get a deal around 145 dollars or slightly under.

130-135 would suit me fine.

The required bid for a win *may* be closer to your win. I'd try moving up by $5's ($120, $125, etc), but if you want to take a bit more time/detail, you can go up by $3's - $118, $121, $124, etc.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I tried again later today. This time i tried 120 dollars and i got another counter offer of ...150 !

Turned it down again.

I presume to add the aiport area would probably lower the price a lot, but that wouldnt be practical.

Even if you're close, you may not always get a counteroffer, so don't use that as the sole metric as to your closeness.

The best thing is to check the HOTWIRE rate for each night individually before you first start and with each additional day of bidding, see if the HOTWIRE rate has fluctuated - if it hasn't, keep steadily increasing your bid. If it's gone up on Hotwire, you'll have to take more steep jumps most likely. If it's decreased on HOTWIRE, maybe try yesterday's offer again.

I started at 75 on a room a few days ago, and got to 91 on it yesterday and got no counteroffer anywhere along the entire process. Bid the same thing today, at 96, and got it - so just know that the counters can be somewhat spontaneous.

No more counter-offer. Stuck at 131 dollars and nothing. I still have 3 weeks before i depart and i guess that i will have to "open my wallet" just a bit more.

Last week i bid at around 115 and got a couple of counter offer (145), now im up over 130 and dont get any ! :)

Tomorrow maybe :)

We are seeing a real uptick in Amsterdam prices for weekends this Spring/Summer. Particularly for those who leave their bidding quite late, as you have.

At this stage I wouldn't mess around any more. If you want the one booking, go up at $5 increments every day until you either max out your budget or hit. If you are prepared to split, you should get the 11th & 12th for around $80. I suspect the weekend days will come in closer to $150.

We are seeing a real uptick in Amsterdam prices for weekends this Spring/Summer. Particularly for those who leave their bidding quite late, as you have.

At this stage I wouldn't mess around any more. If you want the one booking, go up at $5 increments every day until you either max out your budget or hit. If you are prepared to split, you should get the 11th & 12th for around $80. I suspect the weekend days will come in closer to $150.

Ive already won on priceline at 85 for the 10th to the 14th of april. I guess 145 to 150 will be the hit mark.

We shall see. I can wait, still 3 weeks left. I wonder if waiting could help ? Would they be more flexible if you bid like a few days before check-in date ?

I personally doubt if waiting will help. If anything prices are likely to get steeper closer to the time. That has certainly been our experience in recent months.

You have to bear in mind that this spring (tulip time hence the city is busy) weekends are a lot more expensive than weekdays. My guess is that if you split your bid you get the Wed and Thu for around $85 and the Fri & Sat for $145 or so. Yes you would probably have to change hotels. Only you can decide it that is worth it. If you must stay in the one place then expect on PL NYOP to have to pay $145 for all four nights.

While there is a more margin for the hotel in a $250/nite room then a $100/nite room, when rates go up it's not uncommon to see the level of discount received actually decrease. The higher room rate is usually a sign of strong demand and high occupancy, and in such conditions hotels will often not discount as deeply or, if demand is strong enough and they believe they can sell all the rooms on their own, may not offer any discounted inventory to the opaque suppliers.

In light of the above, at the moment a ~45% discount may not be possible for this busy time in Amsterdam.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Romelle,

Im up around 140 for a 4 stars in Amsterdam everywhere except airport with no luck. Im sure i can get something cheaper in Paris..

I even add 3 stars in my last attempt, brought the bid down to 100 and still got denied. Still dont know what are the 3 stars hotels available to PRICELINE. I dont see any 3 stars winner here.

The battle continues....

Still dont know what are the 3 stars hotels available to PRICELINE.

The battle continues....

In the list of Amsterdam hotels other bidders have reported here as wins, for 3*s there is the Park Plaza, a Novotel, and an airport Marriott. Very first post in this Priceline-Other Countries area.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]