Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris (La Defense-Neuilly) Renaissance

ladyluck
By ladyluck,
in

Hi,

I tried to book 4 nights 4* or 5* in Paris from 3 May to 7 May thru Priceline.com for below zones.

Initially tried 4* at St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse like others around $100 (Marriott Rive Gauche) but not successful, kept tried upto $150 covering below zone but still not successful. Any other ideas?

My preference is Marriott Rive Gauche but I can pay around $200 mark for 5* at Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

Please advise your expertise in successful booking! Thanks very much!

Hope I can post a good news here soon~~~

Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse

Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

What is the 5* Champs Elysees-OQW property for $200?

If you could get a 4* for a little less would you want the lower priced (and lower rated) hotel OR would you prefer to pay a little more for a 5*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4* for a little less is preferrable but since I tried so many times, if I need to pay more, then whether I can get 5* in centre of Paris...

I know 5* in this area is 'pricey' but who knows? Should I try i.e. a week before expected check-in date then?

I saw many of members got $100 for Marriott Rive Gauche (I don't mind to pay some more on other's $100 winning thou) even in summer time, but no luck to me yet but will stilll try.

Any tips to re-try after reject my bidding and whether it is ok to keep retrying? Thanks!

...I can pay around $200 mark for 5* at Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

So you're assuming that you can win a 5* hotel in this zone for $200... no reported wins at this amount for your exact dates to back it up or confirm?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, since I have no luck to get 4-Star hotel in Paris - St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse for $100 like others(despite of bid increased to $150), maybe better to bid 5* in CE-Opera zone?

I just received below email from Priceline that someone won the bid at $110 - and I tried again for $120, still no luck. Well May 3-7 is busy period? I checked any events in Paris, nothing special thou. Do you think below alert email is trustworthy?

Hotel Bid Alert!

We have great new! Just a few minutes ago another customer booked a Name Your Own Price

You need to realize that rates are date specific, based upon occupancy levels (ie- supply/demand) at the hotel. Therefore, as you're finding, you won't always be able to replicate the winning bid of another user, especially when their dates are different then your own.

Just as you're having difficulty replicating the ~$100 wins for a 4* hotel, i don't think you'll have much luck at ~$200 for 5* hotels (although you could certainly give it a try).

HOTWIRE has the Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel for $183/nite... or if you would like to continue to bid i think you'll need to be around the $165-$190 area to succeed at the 4* level. What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Hi THEREUARE,

Thanks for your kind support. I will resume my bidding on weekend - do you recommend to bid on weekday or weekend?

My preference is

1. St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

2. Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

3. Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse

4. Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

for 4*+, cheaper the better :)

Hope all goes well this time, otherwise, well, keep trying trying~~~

There is no 'trick' to placing your bids on the weekend/weekday, early in the morning/late at nite, beginning/end of the month, etc., etc.

Add a reply to this thread Friday afternoon so it will put it back in the queue to be reviewed and we'll be looking at the most up-to-date rates for your stay so that you can resume your bidding over the weekend.

Hi Thereuare:

Yeah, time to bid again on weekend.

Please advise your expected guideline/advice, my preference is:

1. St. Germain - Latin Quarter - Montparnasse

2. Champs Elysees - Opera Quarter West

3. Eiffel Tower - Porte De Versailles - Montparnasse

4. Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

for 4*+, cheaper the better

THanks !

Is $150 the maximum bid at the 4* level? If so, at 4* there are no re-bid zones available in this area and i'd bid as follows:

Select 4* St Germain...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Champs Elysees...

Select 4* Eiffel Tower...

Select 4* OQE...

Select 4* St Germain and Champs Elysees...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Eiffel Tower and OQE...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain and OQE...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain and Eiffel Tower...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Champs Elysees and OQE...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain and Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower ...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain and Champs Elysees and OQE ...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Eiffel Tower and OQE and St Germain...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Eiffel Tower and OQE and Champs Elysees...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St Germain, Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower, OQE...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask. While the above may prove to be too low, i'd start there, and if rejected post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for all your help, I tried, rebided, (many times, haha) and ended up to even consider La Defense area... as even $180 didn't work on above areas... hummm maybe the date is not favourable at $100 as others.... anyway, won finally, at $165 Renaissance_Paris_Hotel_La_Defense-Paris for 4 nights and Trip Advisor reviews are quite good - hoped to get either Sofitel or Pullman but now I can take a rest at all! I used PRICELINE link!

Many thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]