Priceline Hotel: Bidding in Key West

NAUgrad2005
By NAUgrad2005,
in

Hello!

I've been trying to bid for a cheap(er) room in Key West for one night, 4/30/11. I'd prefer a 2.5* or higher. Does anyone have suggestions of a decent price to start bidding at? I tried bidding $100, and nothing was accepted.

I currently have a room reserved at the Inn at Key West for $170 per night, but I'd like to find something a bit lower.

Thanks for your help!

I got the 2 1/2* Fairfield Inn for $126 in late February (and it was very nice). Rates are of course date-specific, but that worked then.

If you enter "key west" in the Quick Search box straight above here - top of page - you will see lots of other bidder results.

Definitely a tough place to bid.

Romelle

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Radisson Hotel Key West for $140/nite... a little lower rated then you back-up reservation, but a little cheaper too; not sure if the lower rating is worth the savings to you or not.

What is your maximum bid and minimum star rating for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem with the Radisson Hotel Key West is that it doesn't seem to exist on the Radisson Hotel website. I did a Google search, and I believe that it is now the Comfort Inn Key West, which isn't well reviewed on TripAdvisor.

I'd like to find something decent for less than $150 per night, and 2.5* is about the lowest that I'd go.

Thanks for the info on the Radisson becoming a Comfort Inn... the Comfort Inn Key West is currently rated 2* by PRICELINE so you should be able to avoid it by sticking with only bidding for 2.5* and higher rated properties.

As Romelle mentions above, this is notoriously a tough area to bid... not a lot of hotels relative to the number of visitors and hotels are often busy enough on their own that they don't need to discount too much from the high prices they're usually able to fetch on their own.

You do have TWO re-bid zones available when bidding 2.5* and higher in this region, so i'd just continue to inch your way higher up to your bidding limit.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us udpated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]