Priceline Hotel: 4* Lisbon Holiday Inn Continental

rocc63
By rocc63,
in

Looking for Lisbon 20th-24th June and Madrid 24-27 th June.Any help /insights will be appreciated.Was hoping w/current economy in these countries hotels may be cheaper but does not seem to be the case.

Either 4/5 star will be ok-currently budgeting 60-70 $ for 4 star and 100-110 for a 5 star.

Lisbon -priceline does not give option of choosing area.

Madrid -what would be preferred between Old Madrid and La Castellana?

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip... we'll use this thread for your first stay in Lisbon, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your Madrid stay.

For Lisbon, did you want to try for a 5* up to your limit before trying for a 4* OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay?

Also, please add a reply to your Priceline Car Rental thread clarifying if you won an SUV there or if that was your last rejected bid. If you have won a car, did you also bid for a hotel... if so please post the results to your Priceline Phoenix thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For Lisbon, did you want to try for a 5* up to your limit before trying for a 4* OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay?
Goal in Lisbon is to get a good hotel at a decent price.

What would you consider a better deal... a 5* for ~$110 or a 4* for ~$70?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- thanks for the car rental follow-up :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With no re-bid zones, but plenty of time on your side, i would bid as follows:

Select 5* Lisbon...

Bid $80, if rejected lower star rating to 4*...

Bid $55

Repeat every 24 hours increasing each bid by $5 from your previous bid amount.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see rates came down to your target price. Hopefully you're pleased with the deal and hotel you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I really don't understand why you need to bid for 4* in Lisbon. Normal full flexible non-opaque hotel rates start for 4* at around 50 EUR with BF depending on the area. The 2 HIs aren't anything special you need to spend you money months before and even take the penalty to be 100% unflexible.

Check the non-opaque hotelwebsites and book there for Lisbon, or you bid for 5* which will be the Sheraton then (maybe the real best bargain through priceline as it's never below 150 EUR)

• 1 month later...

Just came back from Lisbon.Hotel is quite decent,bed was listed as double but seemed bigger than a queen size.Bathroom was modern and good for holiday inns I have stayed before.

Hotel is 10 minutes or so from downtown area but metro station Campo pequino is close.Lisbon is a small city and I did not find that a problem.Contrary to what has been mentioned there are a lot of places to eat closeby one just has to venture around.There is a coffee/cafetaria style restaurant as you exit to the left from hotel(we did eat but bought some cookies.muffins which were good).There is a good chinese buffet restaurant closeby(around 7 euro for lunch,10 for dinner). The metro station has atleast 7-8 decent restaurants and a supermarket.Be aware lot of the shops in that area donot take nonoportugese credit cards.

Phone calls/internet are expensive in the hotel but hotel gift shop sells phone cards(and has a public phone )-5 euro card has about 300 min calling time to USA.Donot buy internet at the hotel-I walked to a public university(guided by hotel staff) 5 min away where I could use free internet.There are several internet cafes in town where one can use very cheap internet for an hour or more.

Airport transportation to the hotel-if travelling alone can use Carris tour bus (3.50 euro per person -some hotels are right on the busstop but for Holiday inn it drops you at Campo Pequino metro station area which is a 5 min walk).If there are 2 or more people donot use the bus take a taxi(there were 2 of us-I would go to the departure area to get the taxi since there are reports of fleecing from arrival area).I stayed at two diff hotels in Lisbon(4 days at Holiday inn which was usually 7-8 euro to or from airport and Hotel Real parque which was 9 euro from airport).

If I had to do it again I would not bid more than 70 dollars for this hotel (hotel real parque bought thru Expedia was around $ 110 dollars but had free internet and free breakfast buffet).Hope this is useful for people going to Lisbon in future .

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]