Priceline Hotel: VEGAS 5* at least 2 rooms-May 27-29th

jessgirl1010
By jessgirl1010,
in

I am planning my best friend's bacehelorette party memorial weekend in Vegas. We are probably going to have 8 girls at the least. I am going to at least bid for 2 rooms. I am hoping once I get the hotel I can at least request for them to be near each other. Since it is a holiday weekend, rates are high. I would really like to stay in a 5 star in the north or south zones. I would love aria or cosmo but I checked the calendar of wins and it looks like between those 2 zones, people have gotten Wynn and Vdara starting as low as $101 and as high as !140. I would prefer Wynn out of those 2 hotels. If i am bidding for more then 1 room do you think my bids will be more likely or less likely accepted? Would a good starting ground be $80? Are these hotels typically flexible with requesting what beds? Any feedback will be helpful. I plan to start bidding tomorrow. Thank you!

PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy; there have been a number of instances where hotels in Vegas have denied requests for two beds or charged upgrade fees. HOTWIRE would be a better choice in this instance. There is no way to ensure a particular property. Two rooms should not effect your chances of a win.

What would be your desired budget per night/per room?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I bid this morning starting at $90 and went up to $115 for 3 rooms adding rebid zones. I may decide to bid for 4 stars tomorrow-with the taxes and charges it ends up being around $100 per person for hotel which is still good but I would prefer lower--that is why i didnt keep bidding higher. I will keep you posted. thanks.

While the Hard Rock is the only 4* hotel reported to the board, there could be others, and you could be the first to report a new hotel in the zone (or a hotel previously reported but with a new star rating)

Also, are you fairly familiar with Vegas?? The Hard Rock is somewhat isolated (imo)... with your large group, and the purpose of this trip, are you sure you want to be so far off strip?

If you still want to try bidding this zone, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like just from general browsing that the average price of the hotel rooms that weekend have started shooting up quite a bit. A couple of weeks ago both PRICELINE and Travelocity had the Trump for about 130 a night.

There's a couple of 5 stars on Travelocity's TopSecret hotel list for 155 a night. It's a bit more than you want to spend but it's cheaper than HOTWIRE and you should be able to use the ratings to get a general idea what hotel you'd be buying.

I'm guessing that the hotels are getting more traffic which is why the prices are going up.

I'll be there that same weekend with a group of 8. My girlfriend and I got the Vdara for 115, my buddy and his wife are staying from the 25th - 29th and got the Vdara for 110 a night. My other friends used the Caesar's friends/family package to get Harrahs for 60 a night.

Good luck to ya. Maybe at some point we'll run into each other over the weekend.

I'd urge you to check the hotel rates right on their web sites. Sometimes they have specials that are lower than what it takes to win at Priceline.

Several of the sites can be reached with the Las Vegas Checker above on this page. Quite a few others have links under the Support/Travel Links tab (also just above). And the remainder can be found with obvious names like www.hotelname.com or just by doing a search on "vegas hotels" or something similar.

I don't remember the bidder's name, but somebody just a few weeks ago reported here that he/she had just won with PRICELINE and discovered a better rate on the hotel web site.

If nothing else, you at least will know what your maximum bid should be.

Romelle

Hey everyone,

Thank you for all your feedback! I actually ended up getting a 2 bedroom suite at planet hollywood towers through their site. It ended up being just a little over $1,000 including taxes and it has a living room/dining room/kitchen in the middle of 2 full bedrooms. I decided since I had to keep going up for priceline it wasn't worth not being able to guarantee the rooms being next to each other, 2 queen beds, etc. For just a little more we were able to get a really nice suite in the heart of everything where everyone will be able to sleep comfortably and everyone be all together. I think the bachelorette will be a lot happier with this as well as everyone can stay together. We will also be able to save money using the kitchen to make meals. I will for sure use Pricline again for another trip to vegas that is not on a holiday weekend and is not for such a large group. Everyone's feedback really helped me make this decision so I thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]