Hotwire Hotel: 4* Nassau-Paradise Island Sheraton Beach Resort

PartyGirl
By PartyGirl,
in

Yey! another great hotel... going to a wedding at Sheraton Nassau Beach so I checked the hotel list, used the HOTWIRE link

and hoped for the best...

and Won!!

Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort 4/22-4/25

Zone: Nassau and Paradise Island area

Stars: 4

Amenities: Resort, Beach Front, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

I needed some more rooms for a few family members also attending the weeding and I got another GREAT deal-

same hotel, Sheraton Nassau Beach... $110 a night (that's less than I paid the first time)

2 rooms for 4/22-4/24

Here are the details...

Zone: Nassau and Paradise Island area

Stars: 4

Amenities: Resort, Beach Front, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-Speed Internet Access

These additional amenities show up once you select the hotel, not on the initial search screen *Golf Nearby, Spa Services, Children's Activity Program

Searched/Purchased using: the betterbidding HOTWIRE link, of course!

And, by the way, in a previous post, I asked if Hotwire allowed you to add a night after purchase like Priceline... well I see that it does, upon completion of the transaction, on the page with the confirmation code.

"If your travel plans change, you may add to your stay at this hotel." You are then able to add nights before and after your trip, and also add a room. I tried this at first, but the room rate was $113, so I saved my $6.

Congratulations on your additional wins at this same property.

Looks like this is a new feature, and actually TWO new features... adding rooms as well as nites. From HOTWIRE:

Can I cancel or make changes to my reservation?

If you would like to add to your stay by booking additional nights or an additional room at a hotel where you already have a reservation, you may do so using Hotwire's Add to your stay feature. The added nights or room will be booked and billed as a separate reservation. To add nights to your stay, go to My Account and view your Active trips. Find the hotel reservation for which you'd like to book additional rooms or nights.

There is also an additional feature on adding ROOMS to your stay (for when others want to come along):

Can I add rooms to my booked reservation?

Yes. To add one room to an existing hotel reservation, use our Add to Your Stay feature. Provided there is availability, the additional room will be booked as a new reservation. This means you'll have two bookings at this hotel along with separate confirmation emails, confirmation codes, and credit card charges. Your original reservation will remain unchanged. For Hotwire hot Rates, we cannot guarantee that an additional hotel room will be available at the same location if you book at a later time.

With the Add to Your Stay feature, you may add one room only. Check-in and check-out dates for your additional room must fall within the dates of your original reservation. Note that Hotwire's Low Price Guarantee does not apply to Add to Your Stay room additions. For Hotwire hot Rate and regular rate bookings, the cost of the additional room may differ from your original reservation.

The italics is added by me for emphasis as 1) i'm hoping that if an additional room is not available they would tell you so and not book you at another hotel in the zone and, 2) from the way it sounds, you can add a room for dates which are not exactly the same as your original reservation, but as long as within the same range (ie- first reservation is July 1-July 5... you could try to book another room for July 3-July 5 for a friend who wants to meet you travel with you but can't arrive until midstay)

Nice developments and we'll see how well it all plays out.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE link for your purchase above and letting us know about this new feature.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Hello... just wanted to let you all know about my trip. it was absolutely fabulous to say the least.

The hotel was very nice, looked just like the pictures online. The pools were lovely and the balcony in my room overlooked the waterfall :) Only negatives were the food being overpriced and an misunderstanding turned argument between myself and a woman at the front desk (she claimed there were too many people in my room at once, she was rude to me but changed her story when my bahamian cousin spoke with her. smh).

other than that, it was a nice property. i've been to nicer 4 stars so this one seems like it should be rated 3.5.

i'm going back (already) on 5/16 til 5/22. I am going to use the PRICELINE links to get a room since i dont need a specific hotel. I've read reviews about the BC Hilton and some travelers were not too impressed. I wouldn't mind seeing for myself, have there been any wins at this property? I see $95 has won the Sheraton a few times. Doesn't seem likely I will get the bch... your thoughts?

Glad to hear you had a great stay... i just posted earlier today in this priceline win for this property how overpriced the food is here.

The Hilton has been reported to the board via both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE but not for some time... the last time thru HOTWIRE was about a year ago and the last time thru PRICELINE was about 2 1/2 years ago.

For help with your new stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]