MN Minneapolis-St Paul Hilton Downtown

lialmn
By lialmn,
in

I stayed here on a Friday night and I sincerely enjoyed my stay. Self parking at the hotel (underground parking garage) is 12$ while valet is 20$. I chose self parking (billable to the room) which allows you in-and-out privledges for the duration of your stay. I called the hotel in advance to see if I can request a nonsmoking DOUBLE room, and the CSR said that since this is priceline reservation they can't guarantee room-type and it will depend on what is available at checkin.

The hotel is located in downtown and very close to the convention center. Good if you are attending a convention, not as good if you are going to go drinking/dancing in the warehouse district (as I was). The lobby is really pretty and elegant. Checkin was efficient and they granted me a double room on a higher floor as requested (received 22nd floor of 25). I presented my Gold VIP account number and they gave me an "executive floor" key card which I could show for complimentary access to the lounge on the 25th floor.

The room was not very big, but sufficient. The room/bathroom were very clean. Neutrogena amenities were provided. A ~24" flat-screen standard-definition Philips CRT television was present in the room. Wireless internet access is available for a fee (3.99/day I believe). A working desk is provided, but the chair for the desk was not very comfortable.

The executive lounge is on the 25th floor and requires that you only show the keycard to the person outside the lounge. The lounge had a very reasonable view and reasonably spacious (not many people were there). A plasma screen television is present and an honor bar is available from 630-930 I believe. complimentary appetizers are available from 5-7.

The bed is indeed very comfortable with 4 feather pillows in each bed. I slept very soundly. The bed wasn't as comfortable as the ones with Larkspur Landing but it still a very comfortable bed.

I missed the complimentary breakfast at the executive lounge (630-10a) because I am a moron and I overslept. Check out was very easily; as I just leave a message on their checkout answering machine. The folio left under the door showed that 12$ was charged to my card. Noteably, the price of the room was stated on the folio as $51. I would definately stay here again.

PS. I also want to say that my friend also got 2 rooms here on the same night. They were able to get TWO double bed rooms next to each other (linking doors) on the 20th floor. Their rooms looked exactly like mine.

Check-In Date: Friday, April 22, 2005

Check-Out Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hotel Name: Hilton Minneapolis

1001 Marquette Avenue South

Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403-2440

612-376-1000

Summary of Charges

Billing Date: April 19, 2005

Your Offer Price: $55.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $55.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $14.12

Total Charges: $69.12

• 4 years later...

My boyfriend and I stayed here on March 27 (one night) and really enjoyed the experience. We ended up parking on the street, which is free if you are there on a weekend. Staff were super friendly and the hotel foyer was gorgeous. We did not partake in either the restaurant or lounge, as they were both a little pricey.

Since the original review (from lialmn), amenities have changed to Crabtree and Evelyn "La Source" - definitely a plus from the female perspective! Bed was very comfortable and the room was average size. Everything was clean and very respectable.

Since we had a car, we did not find the location at all a negative. The hotel is located kitty corner to the home of the symphony (orchestra centre, I believe) and is within walking distance of a couple great pubs (the Brit and the Local) as well as numerous restaurants, the target hq (2 story retail centre), saks off 5th and macy's.

Highly recommended!!

LINK to Priceline Win

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]