Priceline Hotel: Resort Kauai (Poipu-Koloa) Sheraton

browntown
By browntown,
in

I successfully bid on a 3 and 1/2 star or resort level property in Poipu for 6/20 - 6/28. My $140 a night price was accepted, but then I found out after visiting the Sheraton Poipu beach resort's website that they are undergoing major renovations through at least august/september 2011. After talking to the manager on the phone and reading on trip advisor the following have been impacted:

Ocean pool closed

Beach access and amenities limited

Most restaurants closed

Main lobby closed

Construction noise 9-6

Staff recently on strike

Needless to say my honeymoon in Kauai will be a disaster if we had to stay there. After jumping through a couple hoops with priceline, I was finally able to cancel my reservation and get my money back.

Just warning folks looking to stay at poipu that priceline will book you at the sheraton while it is barely functional. I asked if priceline they would remove the sheraton from their hotel pool so this doesn't happen to anyone else, and that I can rebid on priceline and avoid this hotel. I was told no, and that the hotel makes the business decision to keep themselves on priceline while undergoing renovations. Seems a little dubious to me. Thought I would share.

Thanks for a great site!

Some might say that is VERY irresponsible of PRICELINE. I would definitely suggest sharing that on the TripAdvisor Forum and definitely on Priceline's Facebook Page. The idea that the HOTEL is give the ability to decide whether or not to "opt-in" even though a HUGE percentage of amenities will not be available sounds like a very unusual business practice. Very.

This property has been downgraded to the 3.5* level during renovations... and that may have even been the star rating the OP won at since they bid for a "3.5* or Resort class property".

The hotel is open for business during renovations, at least one restaurant and pool is open, as is the beach related services. While this may not be the ideal situation for a Honeymoon, i don't think the situation is as bad as the OP is claiming it to be.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]