Priceline Hotel: South Florida Bid Area Suggestions

anng3
By anng3,
in

I don't want to bid a 3* for FLL and get upgraded to the 3.5* Hilton so am looking

for alternative areas between MIA and FLL. I will have a car and don't want to be at a beach,

MIA, Coral Gables or south beach. What areas do you usually bid or would recommend?

Would prefer PCLN to Hotwire. TIA.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Fort Lauderdale thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above.

Allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I don't want to bid a 3* for FLL and get upgraded to the 3.5* Hilton so am looking

for alternative areas between MIA and FLL. I will have a car and don't want to be at a beach,

MIA, Coral Gables or south beach. What areas do you usually bid or would recommend?

Would prefer PCLN to Hotwire. TIA.

What is the purpose of this stay? If you don't want the beach why pay the (often) added expense of staying in South Beach? If your ideal/original plan is to stay in the Ft Lauderdale Airport zone but don't want to bid this area for risking an upgrade to the Hilton, why not use HOTWIRE? What is your budget (per nite) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to stay in South Beach. This is a stay to renew passport, see mother-in-law in Miami and pre Europe flight.

I would like to be in safe area, near stores or close by. 95% of the time I've been disappointed by Hotwire unreal * levels and higher prices, that's why I prefer PCL.

I was thinking there are others like me who had liked the FLL airport area but now because of the auto upgrade have found a similar area. As far as prices I'd like to stay south of $50.

anng3

The only thing between Fort Lauderdale and Miami is Hollywood. But it'a all beach hotels.

So the only thing left is downtown for Miami. And for Fort Lauderdale you got the Sawgrass zone this would be good for the big mall in the area. Or the downtown zone. Your options is very limited with this budget. And it's hard to find good zones if you want to be close to things.

The best thing you can do is to look at the PRICELINE maps and decide what zones you're willing to stay in. I know this area pretty good so i can help you when you have some options.

Is there anything you're trying to avoid. Like resort/parking fees?

Can you also please post your dates for the stay.

Yellowdog.

Yellowdog,

Thanks for the help. I would like to avoid resort/parking fees and get breakfast. The dates for stay are April 1-8. I might bid Miramar, West Ft Lauderdale Plantation, Aventura, Miami Lakes, North Miami, North Miami Beach. Sawgrass is too far from MIL. By shopping I mean a supermarket, shopping center like Oakwood Plaza. I use the bidding PRICELINE links.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help identify MIA April 1-8

Super savings*

2*

$58 per room per night

Airport Shuttle

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Miami Intl Airport MIA area hotel (19.2 - 22.7 mi from FLL)

Recommended in 65% of Hotwire customer reviews

Thanks!

Please add the requested information to your Priceline Car Rental thread and then reply to this thread, we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please also, keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]