Priceline Hotel: 5* Unsuccessful for now - Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter)

ErinCoff
By ErinCoff,
in

If you drop down and bid on a 4* you are more likely than not to get the NH Amsterdam Centre (based on reported wins). A very nice hotel and one better than some 5 stars IMO. And the location is dead on perfect.

For some 5 stars the location may prove to be a little less than perfect.

But if you do drop down to a 4 then bid low. With a high bid at a 4 no telling what hotels pricepoint you might hit.

I'd start around $80 USD.

I'm looking for the same dates and location. I'll keep you posted if I end up with anything. From the low end, 4* at $70 has been rejected.

Hotwire is giving $209 for 4* and no 5* option. Splitting this up:

-> 5/22-23: $187 for 5* and $141 for 4*

-> 5/23-24: $214 for 4* and no 5* option

Am I supposed to cut off the second night or drastically raise my bid?

gnaij,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this HOTWIRE link... then feel free to continue to contribute your bid history to this thread, but if you'd like help with your own trip, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
But if you do drop down to a 4 then bid low. With a high bid at a 4 no telling what hotels pricepoint you might hit.

I'd start around $80 USD.

Not sure if I understand this comment? What do you mean by this, dropping down to a 4 then bidding low? You will get unexpected results if you bid high initially?

Thanks!

Those of us like Brian who follow PL NYOP for Amsterdam every day get a good feel for pricepoints needed for a win and the hotels that show up at those pricepoints. Normally anyway----this has been a difficult summer. :-(

For months and months we saw $65 (or $85) wins. We could tell you that $65 or $66 would get a win and at what hotel.

Then we would see some one post that they had a first time bid and won at $110 (when $65 should have got a win) And then we would see some hotel that had not shown up in years as far as a win.

Different pricepoints and different hotels

That is what I was trying to say

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]