Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

Double_Downon11
By Double_Downon11,
in

My uncle and his wife asked me to book them three nights in NYC for an upcoming trip. They wanted something close to Times Square so I was hoping for one of the nicer boutique hotels but was surprised with an early dollar win of $120 at the Grand Hyatt. The reviews aren't as good as I had expected but I am hoping that it's just a few complainers and the hotel will work out okay. Anyone have any restaurant or tips for them while they are at the Grand Hyatt?

As always, I used the PRICELINE link on this website.

Thanks!

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear it wasn't what you were hoping for, but a very nice rate for the Grand Hyatt during this period. Board moderator thereuare and other local posters can suggest nearby restaurant options.

I think with reviews if they are not serious concerns, it may be the issue of price vs. expectations - a property that didn't meet someones expectations at $250+ per night they may be more satisfied with at $125. You can use the PRICELINE Hyatt email (which I believe is [email protected]) to make basic requests (non-smoking, etc.)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE link.

Enjoy your stay.

This hotel is fine, imo... the rooms are of varying size but all nicely appointed. At check-in i would have them say something to the front desk clerk, "I know the standard rooms here all vary in size and some are a bit bigger and nice then others, this is an anniversary trip for us so anything you can do to assign us one of the better ones would be greatly appreciated".

In terms of restaurants nearby, what type of budget and food do they like?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nicer/Pricier:

Atlantic Grill East

1341 Third Avenue at 77th Street

(not walkable but easy cab or 4-5-6 train and then short walk)

Blue Water Grill

31 Union Square West at 16th Street

(i'm not big seafood person but most people like this place)

Havana Alma de Cuba

94 Christopher St (b/w Bleecker St and Bedford St)

ALL OF THE ABOVE are NOT that close to the hotel, but an easy taxi or subway ride away

Casual:

Jackson Hole Wyoming

521 3rd Avenue (Third Ave at 35th St)

HUGE and GREAT burgers... good for a filling lunch or diner-esque dinner

Drinks:

El Rio Grande

160 East 38th Street (Third Ave b/w 37th and 38th St)

small and expensive margaritas, but STRONG and POTENT... good chips/salsa at the bar too

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]