Priceline Hotel: 4* MTE Waldorf Astoria

scopes
By scopes,
in

Can you guys tell me if the hotel that priceline calls the NY Hilton & Towers is the Hilton Times Square at 234 W 42nd or the Hilton New York at 1335 Ave of the Americas? No one else seems to call it the NY Hilton & Towers.

Also, do you have any advice on when i should start bidding for my 7/15-7/20 trip. I wanted the Westin Times Square off Hotwire but I think I missed it as it's not showing up anymore. So I'm willing to take any of the 4*'s from priceline, I would like to keep the bid below $120. Given the bad reviews I want the NY Hilton & Towers the least but I realize it's likely I'll get it and I'm sure I'll be happy with the location if nothing else.

Being as close as possible to the Port Authority Bus Terminal is my biggest priority as I'll need to go to NJ 3 nights during my stay, having a 4* is priority 2 and price is priority 3.

thanks!

jim

From THIS POST the NY Hilton and Towers is the one at 1335 Ave of Americans (refered to now as Hilton New York)

If Hotwire no longer shows availability, then there is a chance that Pricelie no longer has availability either.

I think you have 2 bidding strategies you can try:

Strategy 1:

Bid 4* MTW $93

If accepted, this will likely land the Hilton or the Westin. If the Hilton is received, it will result in an overbid by about $5/nite, but it at least gives you a chance at receiving the Westin.

Strategy 2:

Bid 4* MTW $88, if rejected, add your one re-bid zone and...

Bid $93

The 'risk' in this strategy is that if both the Hilton and Westin are available, you probably haven't bid high enough for the Westin and will therefore receive the Hilton.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding, read this: Bidding Again Before 72 Hours

I won't go into a deeper bidding strategy because i think you have a good chance at being successful with either of the above, but if it doesn't work (or you have any additional questions), feel free to post back and i'll advise further.

If your plans are firm, i would start bidding this now, as it's less than a month away and you're seeking 5 nites, which adds a little to the complexity of the situation.

Please also read my thoughts about NO FREE RIDES (in particular the last paragraph)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Made some rebids for 7/15-7/20 with the help of some friends, their Priceline accounts, and their computers. These are all 4* bids:

on computer 2:

bid $75 on MTE - rejected

bid $99 on MTE + MTW - rejected

on computer 3:

bid $101 on MTE - rejected

bid $110 on MTE + MTW

got Waldorf Astoria

$550 + $95 in tax and service fees

Rebids were done from different computers but using the same credit card info. Thanks for all the help, we did go thru the SavingsBarn.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]