Priceline Hotel: Boston Hotel

redundant echo
By redundant echo,
in

I'm starting to plan my cruise vacation out of Boston. I want to arrive a couple days early & see Boston, and looking for a hotel with close proximity to the cruise piers. I always use PRICELINE Bidding & 99% happy with all my past deals. Please advise me on what area would be best for me to stay for getting to the pier without having to pay a fortune for cab fees, plus being able to catch a "hop on, hop off" bus for touring. As always, I will bid thru BB. Thanks--lm' :)

where exactly is the cruise out of? i would guess most of them go out of the waterfront/seaport area.

if so, that zone in priceline generally will give you either the seaport hotel, renaissance, or westin waterfront. they're all within walking distance of the piers there. i've won the renaissance myself there before and it was quite nice, but all of those hotels are nice. the seaport is the closest, the renaissance is the next closest, and the westin is the farthest, as far as distance from the piers.

using lastminutetravel wisely will allow you to predict the hotel before bidding, and the seaport and westin are always on there.

While the Waterfront zone hotels are relatively close to the Boston Port, it's not likely a trip you'll want to walk, especially with luggage.

As well, other than the convention center, there really isn't too much in the immediate Waterfront zone, and since you'll be in town for a few days exploring the city, and will only be heading to the pier once, why not try for a central location for seeing the city rather then your one time trip to the pier?

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is your expected budget per nite? What type of star rating are you seeking?

Also, regarding tours, you can go to Hop On-Hop Off.com for hopon-hopoff bus tours all over the world, although i'll point out that Boston is also well know for their Duck Tour.

Let us know the information above regarding staying more 'Downtown' vs 'Close to the Pier', as well as dates, budget, star rating, etc. and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance for using hte PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I am planning on being in Boston 5/12 for 2 nites & again 5/21 for 1 nite. Since I have a limited time, perhaps the downtown area will be best for sightseeing.

I usually have good luck bidding on 3-3.5 stars for $100 or less. I will go up to $105-110.

I have taken the Duck Tour in Seattle & its loads of fun! Thanks for the reminder of that tour, as I will prob. take it. :)

when bidding try for waterfront-convention area

you will most likely get the Westin. also in that area is The Renaissance and Seaport hotel. any of the 3 are less than 1 mile to cruise ship but if you don't feel like walking you can take the silver line. There isn't much else in that area but The silver line will also take you to South station which is in walking distance to most of the city. If you don't feel like walking you can ride the subway from south station

when bidding try for waterfront-convention area

you will most likely get the Westin. also in that area is The Renaissance and Seaport hotel. any of the 3 are less than 1 mile to cruise ship but if you don't feel like walking you can take the silver line. There isn't much else in that area but The silver line will also take you to South station which is in walking distance to most of the city. If you don't feel like walking you can ride the subway from south station

Thank you for the helpful information for those of us who are not familiar with the Boston area, higgyia11.

Do you know if there are any 3* hotels in the Waterfront area?

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]