Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Club Quarters Wall Street

L-Wag
By L-Wag,
in

Hi - I need some help.

I'm staying April 17-23. 3.5 or 4*

Max bid would probably be $150.

I'd love to squeak out a great deal on a 4*, but with what I've seen trending I'm sure I will just be able to get a 3.5*.

I'm good with the following zones:

Chelsea

DT-Soho-FD

ESB

MSG

MTE

MTW

CPS

Thanks in advance for your help.

And I always use your PRICELINE link!!

Did you want to try up to your limit for a 4* hotel first OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Also, at the 3.5* level are you comfortable with the location of hotels like the Millenium UN in the MTE which can be a bit far east, and the size of the rooms at the Hudson Hotel in the CPS zone?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

PS- please follow-up your Hotwire Toledo thread with whatever you ended up doing for that leg of your stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Chelsea and DT and ESB and MSG...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and DT and ESB and MSG...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and Chelsea and CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Chelsea, DT, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW, CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've worked my way up to the $130 bid. I'm not quite ready to go any higher yet.

I'm half wondering if I wait until a little closer to my trip I might get a better price. The median retail price is lower today then it was earlier in the week.

My last two bids instead of going right to the unsuccessful bid screen, I get an intermediate "we're still working on your offer, click the button below to check your status" page. Does that mean anything?Am i getting close?

This message is not meaningful as to whether you're getting close our not... this is the 'old' PRICELINE system (yes, you used to have to wait up to 15 minutes between bids to get an answer) and their interface sometimes reverts back to this older system if there is any technological or communication issue. So more likely it is indicative of a backlog on PRICELINE's servers, problems communicating with the reservation system, a network issue, etc, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]