Hotwire Hotel: Help identify downtown/riverfront cincinnati hotels

mikki
By mikki,
in

I'm searching for a great deal on an upscale hotel room in Cincinnati for a possible last minute get away this weekend. The search is for 2 adults, 2 nights, March 11 & 12 (checking out on Sunday, the 13th), in the downtown/riverfront area. (I'm looking for the nicest hotel/best located - any advice on these properties is greatly appreciated!)

I believe I have identified one of the three in question:

$93/night; 4.5*; Downtown Cincinnati; 4/5 trip advisor rating; Boutique, smoke-free, fitness, restaurant, high-speed internet, business center ~~~ This is the Cincinnatian?

I am unsure of the other two:

Downtown Cincinnati; 4*; Super Savings; 70/night; 3/5 trip advisor rating; fitness center, pool, restaurant, high-speed internet, business center ~~~ boards show Hilton, Hyatt, or Westin ~~~ because of the 3/5 trip advisor rating I would guess this one is the Hyatt.

Covington Riverfront; 4*; 90/night; no trip advisor rating offered; Smoke free, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, high-speed internet, golf, spa services ~~~ no clue on this hotel???

Thanks for the help!!!

Thank you. It appears my guesses are likely correct.

I have never been to the area previously. From the reviews it appears that the Cincinnatian has rather inconsistent room quality. Many people suggest that when paying the reduced rate you get exactly that - a room representative of that price (a small, dated, interior atrium room with no natural light) and not indicative of the 4.5* caliber of this hotel. Hmmm... this disappoints me.

I'm not thrilled with the Hyatt for this trip, either, although it has the least expensive pricing.

Online I found a King room at the Westin for close to the same price as hotwire quoted for the Cincinnatian. Unless I learn otherwise (as in advice from someone having stayed at the Cincinnatian or having purchased a room there through Hotwire), I am leaning toward booking the room at the Westin.

Thanks for the help!! Certainly if I choose the Cincinnatian, I will book through the BB HOTWIRE link. :)

mikki

Thanx for using boards HOTWIRE link :)

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please note that we're affiliated with Westin and many others. Please use the links (if possible) at our support page

Yellowdog.

PS. Please remember follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Oh no! I didn't see your response before I booked the Westin. Next time I will look for your links. :)

After identifying the Hotwire hotel options above, I searched a little more and found the best deal directly at the Westin site. They offered a "winter promo" at the reduced rate of 99/night plus the inclusion of a 20.00 gift card per day for use in the hotel's Ingredients restaurant. Effectively we received a 79/night rate.

I had read some reviews about the Hyatt that disappointed me, which is why I didn't immediately jump on it. But, the 70/night super rate disappeared quickly from Hotwire anyway - it went up to 83/night within an hour.

I'm very glad we chose the Westin! The location was great - directly across from Fountain Square. Our room was decent. We were able to guarantee a king size bed with the view we wanted. The 20.00 gift card worked well for us. The Ingredients cafe has a very nice made-to-order breakfast (plus grab-n-go options throughout the day like salads, sandwiches, and pizza).

Places/things we enjoyed: seeing the art deco architectural style of the Hilton (directly next door, but was totally sold out during our weekend stay); the view from Carew Tower (this is atop the building that houses the Hilton); walking around the Reds Stadium, waterfront & bridge area; Nada restaurant/bar, Bartini, The Righteous Room, Lunar Lounge... lots of fun nightlife! A great last-minute, much-needed, weekend get-away!

Thanks for the hotel help! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]