Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) Blackstone Renaissance

Larys
By Larys,
in

This is the hotel list and tips section of the board... you want this Priceline Hotel Won and Bidding Help section of the board.

Please post the details of your stay (zones, desired star rating, budget, dates, etc) in a reply to this thread and we'll try to assist... we'll also then move your post to the correct section of the board and we can continue this thread there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was bidding Priceline (thru this site) for a hotel in Chicago. (may7th thru 11th)

I started with a bid for a 4 star hotel #8 rivernorth, got rejected. Then I added the Loop #7, again got rejected. Then I added a 3.5 star at a lower price.

That's when something happened that I've never seen on Priceline: the site told me that it would let me know in 15 minutes if the bid was accepted. I was getting ready to change my bid to a 3 star, but I dare not because I don't know if I got my last bid!

Is something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for help!

Nothing unusual... this is the 'old system' which PRICELINE sometimes reverts to if there is any technological delay (backlog on their own servers, delay in communicating with the reservation system, etc). You can check the status of your request by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE link on the top right of their home page... you should be able to see your request(s), failed and accepted bids there and check the status of this most recent bid.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Let us know if we can be of further help for this stay.

Good luck and let us know the outcome of your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Going to visit our son in May. This is what I have tried today for 5/7/11 thru 5/11:

4 star #8 = $100 rejected

4 star #7 8 = $100 rejected

3.5 star #8 = $75 rejected

3.5 star #8 & #9 = $75 rejected

3.0 star #8 = $55 rejected

3.0 star #8 & #7 = $55 rejected

2.5 star #8 = $50 rejected

2.5 star #8 & #7 = $52 rejected

In terms of bidding, I'd suggest not going below 3* in the downtown area. Do you need to be near a particular location for the visit? Additionally, would you prefer a 4* or would you be interested in a more reasonably priced 3*?

Let us know a bit more about what you're looking for and we can suggest a more precise way to go through the bidding process.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Rates are very high for these dates... i do see there is a Digestive Disease Week convention in town (15K participants) which is likely effecting demand and high rates for these dates.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? How high are you willing to bid for a 3.5* before lowing to 3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]