Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Airport Midway MDW) Marriott

Frogger85
By Frogger85,
in

As you may have seen, I got the Hotel Felix for $82 for (Fri) 3/11/11-3/12/11. So I knew Saturday was going

cost at least that or more. Worked the zones at the 4/3.5 levels got nothing...dropped my bid and

added MDW zone. Got the Chicago Marriot Midway for $65.

I did not need to stay Downtown on Saturday night so this works out as it is only 13 miles away.

I have not stayed here before, but based on reviews it looks very nice....a bit of a sleeper it seems.

Rate on Marriot is $149...seems like a nice deal using the PRICELINE link.

Thanks

FYI: When I posted this as Marriot Midway, that was not a mistake. The is the Full-Service (their term) Marriot Midway

3.5* hotel. The Courtyard by Marriot (along with the other hotels) shares the parking lot with it.

Since I posting, I'll give my take on the hotel. This is very..very nice hotel.

Must be a recent renovation because the hotel is sparkling clean. Everything is nice. The room was

huge with all the 3.5/4 star stuff plus a microwave and a fridge. Great Staff as well.

There are 3 room services options for food: Dempsey's (the in-house place), Coaches (in the Holiday Inn), and

TGI Fridays (in the Courtyard by Marriot). Starbucks in the lobby. Pool and Fitness look very nice. There was

also a outdoor courtyard by the pool. Seems like Marriot is trying to get Midway Airport users that want upscale

digs.

There is a $12 parking charge, when you see the area it makes sense. The area around Midway Airport is

not great. There are much worse areas in Chicago but they don't build Marriot's there. All the hotels are

in this brick wall/fenced in area (kinda imposing looking). I think the fee is for security. I dare you to

park on the street to save 12 bucks.

If you need to stay by Midway Airport this is the one. If you want a great hotel for the money and your only interested in the hotel (not the area) this a also

a good option.

If you see in my thread, I was at the Hotel Felix (Downtown Chicago) on Friday. This is a 4* place and is

nice but the Marriot Midway is a far better hotel. The only reason it's not a 4* has to be the area. But

the area also means that you can score nice bids using the PRICELINE link like I did.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]