Priceline Hotel: New to this... any help appreciated!

KAOrae16
By KAOrae16,
in

Hey y'all!

I'm looking to book a mini-vaca to Vegas July 1-4th.

I would prefer to stay on the strip in a nicer hotel (4 or 5 star).

Any recommendations?

I have stayed in Vegas before... at NY NY, Bellagio and Rio.

Would love to be around the Bellagio area... but I'm looking to get as cheap as I can!

(I'm a dreamer, right?) :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm new to this as well so I won't try to give any advise - it may just turn out to be crap. But I did read this guys thread yesterday and he seemed to do pretty well for himself for the same 4th of July weekend.

Hotwire Las Vegas

good luck. I'm going later in the year so i'll be interested to hear how you do.

Never stayed at any of the places you mentioned. How would you rate them?

thanks

Mac

We went last August and had 1 free nights stay at the Bellagio and 3 free nights stay at Rio. We stayed at Rio after Bellagio... which was a mistake!

Bellagio was A-MA-ZING. The pool was absolutely fantastic... gorgeous rooms... great food... I loved it!

Don't get me wrong.... Rio was nice. Delicious seafood buffet... a MUST DO! But, it was quite a bum to have to wait for the shuttle to take you back and forth to the strip. The pool was crowded with children... very different feel than the Bellagio.

NY NY was a nice medium between the Rio and Bellagio. That was where I first stayed in Vegas and it was a winner. Great theatrical designs inside the hotel. Delicious food... decent room (you really don't stay there that much) and a great price.

Thanks for the link also!

KAOrae16

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you looking for hotel recommendations or help with bidding for a hotel?

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night for each star rating, zone(s) you're willing to stay in.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

You can't choose a specific property, i was asking the above as that is often the property that users often want to avoid (given the off-strip location and lackluster reviews)... but if you're willing to accept this property then you're at least able to bid the Strip South zone... whereas those looking to avoid this property are restricted to just the Strip North zone.

At the 4* level in Las Vegas you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip North and Strip South...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]