Priceline Hotel: Please help newbie seeing San Diego hotel

KS - LSC
By KS - LSC,
in

As title says, I'm new here and have been trying to get up to speed. Read through all the FAQs, but still any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We're looking for a 3, 3.5 or 4 star in San Diego for the dates of 3/15 - 3/16 (one night) only, and then again 3/20 - 3/22 (two nights) -- don't care if it is same property. We are traveling w/ our two children, so 2 Queens would be great, but not necessary. We are not really tied to any general area of the city; mostly just interested in nicest hotel at best price.

One of my main difficulties has been trying to get a handle on what hotels are considered 3 star, what ones are 3.5 star, etc. to gain maybe some idea of what hotel we could end up in. I've been reading through the Forum posts to see what the winning bids are for the different stars, but wondering if there's a list anywhere?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The lists of hotels that have been reported to the board on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE (there are likely others and new hotels are reported often but these are what has been reported so far) for California are available at this link. (look for "Priceline Hotel List - California" and "Hotwire Hotel List - California").

HOTWIRE is generally somewhat-to-moderately more expensive, but you can select 2 adults/2 children, which ensures some form of bedding for the group (commonly 2 beds, but can be 1 + sofabed, etc.) HOTWIRE also gives enough information to often be able to make at least an "educated guess" as to which hotels may be showing, whereas PRICELINE is more opaque and - as a result - usually less expensive. PRICELINE also only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy.

What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much for the link to the hotel lists and the other info! So sorry I fogot to put our budget -- we are hoping to keep the one night (3/15) under $100, but would be willing to spend a little more (up to $150 per night) for the other two nights we need to book (3/20 - 3/22).

Thanks again for your assistance!

Thank you so much for the link to the hotel lists and the other info! So sorry I fogot to put our budget -- we are hoping to keep the one night (3/15) under $100, but would be willing to spend a little more (up to $150 per night) for the other two nights we need to book (3/20 - 3/22).

Thanks again for your assistance!

You can also look at recent wins to see what has been 'won'. I've noticed many SD hotels do charge high parking rates.

I'm looking at the same date as your first dates, but without kids this trip. The Old Town Inn has some good prices right now and Hyatt LaJolla did too --- a lot will depend on what area you want to stay in. For this price, you will have pretty good selection.

• 7 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]