Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Miami (South Beach) Hotel Shelley

dirtboy
By dirtboy,
in

Amenities were:

boutique hotel, near beach, airport shuttle, complimentary breakfast.

Taxes/fees were pretty high ($38.95 for the two nights). Fortunately, this was counterbalanced by the $10/night new customer discount and (hopefully) the $30 entertainment rebate.

When I split the dates, I could find this hotel for $19 on the night of 5/17, but could not make this hotel appear at any rate on 5/18, so I'm suspecting this rate may be prorated based on the $19 Tuesday night rate for this hotel group.

• 1 month later...

As it turned out, I didn't even stay in the Hotel Shelley. When I checked-in at the Shelley, the desk clerk informed me that I had been upgraded to the Hotel Leon across the street. There must have been a big tour group for a South Beach hotel to be overbooked midweek in May. Based on reviews of the Shelley, and what I saw in the lobby, the Leon was indeed a nicer hotel than the Shelley. The room was really large, well air conditioned, and had a king size bed. The bathroom was huge (could have put a bowling alley in there), and furnished in that tropical bohemian style of red tile and unfinished concrete. No tub, but the shower had two showerheads. Bathrobes in the closet. The desk staff was really friendly and helpful. The free internet access in the hotel was dial-up, but when I told the desk clerk my PDA only had wireless, he let me use his computer for internet stuff. The free drinks we vodka-only, and while they weren't much for taste, the alcohol did its job. The free breakfast was very much continental, but for free, it was fine, and there were streetfront tables for eating breakfast and people watching.

I wouldn't have wanted to pay the published rate for this hotel, but I was very happy with its amenities and location for the price I paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]