Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip)

CrankiestOne
By CrankiestOne,
in

Hey, T! I saw an earlier post for the Venetian @ $99/night, 7/12-7/15. Then I got an e-mail from the V with the summer special. Looking at their site at $149/$199/$239 (Fri/Sat/Sun). Saw it on Hotwire for about $470 total, then tried PL:

Strip $99, rejected; rebid

Airport, $109, rejected; rebid

UNLV $119, rejected; rebid

Conv Ctr $124, rejected; rebid

W Strip, $129; rejected.

Do you think I just missed it, or am I way off? (Yeah, yeah, I know $99 was a LOW starting bid, but I didn't feel like I'm in a rush!) :)

Appreciate your thoughts!

P.S. Loved the Pan Pacific in San Francisco, and especially loved our low rate. Is there a place I should post a review?

Looks like you missed it, as the special rate is gone for those nights according to their website. The 'cheapest' room available is the "luxury view" and not the regular view rooms used when you book on PL.

It may be time to figure out an alternate game plan for the Venetian or another hotel if your dates are firm.

There is an 8000 delegate show (National Nutritional Foods Association) being held at the Sands Exhibition Center and headquartered at the V on the dates 7/14 - 7/17.

Since most of the delegates are probably staying at the V, this might explain why rooms are tight at the V yet plentiful and inexpensive at the Bellagio.

I received a promo e-mail from the Venetian. Rates are $100/$199/$239 for a Venetian Luxury, "Non Cancelable / Non Transferable / Non Refundable." I absolutely do not have a problem paying these rates, but of course hoped I could save a few bucks on PL. Hotwire was showing $184/night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]