Priceline Hotel: April 15 to 19 5* Birthday Surprise

Metaphor
By Metaphor,
in

I've been looking for a suitable hotel to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday in Vegas.

I'd like to surprise him with a 4/ 5 star property on the Strip since this is the first time either of us has been there. On the Strip South for April 15 to 19th, I'd like to try for the MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay. On the Strip North It looks like any of the 5 star properties would be great. We won't have a car so we would like to be within walking distance of everything. Price range is up to 100 per night as I hear there are resort fees that we will have to pay in addition to our bid. Is that information correct? Of course I'd like to start a little lower than that!

Would you please advise me on a bidding strategy?

Thank you!!

Good evening! :)

Please provide a follow-up for your prior NYC Priceline thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay.) Then reply to this thread and we would be happy to look into the above question.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi! I didn't post to the prior trip because I wound up at a BnB and didn't use Hotwire or Priceline that time. This time it seems like Priceline would be a better idea. Not too many bnb's in Las Vegas! Cheers!

Thank you for the follow-up.

Unfortunately, with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE there is no way to guarantee a particular property (especially with PRICELINE.)

Resort fees are unfortunately common at many Las Vegas properties and vary from property-to-property.

If you are looking at Strip North and Strip South (not Strip North Vicinity, just North & South), I'd try a bid at $95 for a 5* in either of those zones. However, I think that will likely end up being too lowball an offer and a higher bid (possibly a bit over $100) will end up being required, unfortunately.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm in a similar situation looking for the week prior. I do not want a 5* in the south strip because it includes hotels that aren't on the strip. So I get the part about starting at $100 and slowly increasing for 5* north strip.

What about the 4* south strip? Where should I start bidding for those? Anything 4* in south or north would be fine.

Thank you for the follow-up.

Unfortunately, with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE there is no way to guarantee a particular property (especially with PRICELINE.)

Resort fees are unfortunately common at many Las Vegas properties and vary from property-to-property.

If you are looking at Strip North and Strip South (not Strip North Vicinity, just North & South), I'd try a bid at $95 for a 5* in either of those zones. However, I think that will likely end up being too lowball an offer and a higher bid (possibly a bit over $100) will end up being required, unfortunately.

Thank you very much! I'll keep you posted.

• 6 months later...

We booked directly with the Tropicana Hotel as they had a "special" on at the time. I was not impressed with the room, or the service and would not stay there again. Also, there was construction right outside that started early in the morning and the pool was not finished. Even at the "special" price, it was not worth it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]